Ch:3 This cant be happening

Tanner looked at me again with a blank expression.
"Anyways tell me a bit about yourself"
I didn't answer. Instead I stared at his gorgeous face.I realized I needed to answer the question.
I answered pretty honestly but I might have exaggerated a bit.
"Well I love to read and I love pretty much every sport,um this is the 5th school I've been to,oh and I have a little sister that I love to death"I answered
"Cool"he replied
He offered me a drink off the beer he was drinking .Although I wanted to I didn't want to come off creepy or a slut so I said no.I followed his perfect lips as they took a sip from the can.A girl walked by us and Tanner eyed her down.The girl swiped her hair behind her ear.She then walked away with a proud smile on her face.
"Seriously you just got broken up with and your already checking out girls"
He rolled his eyes "hey it's my life."
My phone rang it was my little sister.She needs me to pick her up from dance.
"Sorry Tanner I got to go"
I stood up from the love seat me and Tanner were sitting on.
He grabbed my hand firmly.
"Will you come back?"he questioned
"I don't know ill text you"
He smiled and waved goodbye
As soon as I stepped outside the door I remembered Tanner drove me.Which means I have to walk all the way across town get to my house and pick Avery up.
"Fuck"I mumbled to myself
*****************************************
I finally reached my house. I quickly went inside and got the keys to my car.My mom was laying on the couch with a glass of wine in her hand.She was asleep.I put the glass on the table and ran out the door.I drove up to my sisters studio.She was sitting on the steps I front of the sort all by herself.She looked up and gave me a look of happiness and anger.
She stood up and opened the car door.
"What took you so long"she asked her voice trembling
"I had stuff going on ok I need to have fun to you know"
"Well next time try to be quicker please"
Avery went on my phone and said...
"A guy named Tanner keeps phoning you"
I pulled over to the side of the road.i herd sirens in the background .I phoned Tanner back.
"Oh god caris I'm so sorry"he said his voice trembling
I had no clue what he was talking about.
"What do you mean?"I questioned
"There's been a accident.....at your house"
"How do you even know where I live?"I responded with fear and worry in my voice
"I just do,anyways there was a robbery at your house and they had guns......Caris your mom was shot"
My heart broke into a million pieces and tears were forming in my eyes.How was I supposed to tell Avery this.She noticed me crying .
"Caris what's wrong she asked starting to cry"
There was a long moment of science before I got another call.
"I'll call you back"I told Tanner and immediately hung up.Avery and me exchanged sad looks...........It was the police.

*****************************************
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.Make sure you vote for it if you did.Please also comment any suggestions corrections etc. What do you think will happen to their mom?