Chapter 1:

*Author's Note: I had this idea and I really wanted to write it so I did! I really hope you all enjoy my story! I'd like to thank Reva(Personintheworld) for editing this for me! 

The light and showery mist felt good against my skin as I stood outside waiting for my bus to pick me up. Jade stood near me as we chatted about our day. The rain started to pick up and we laughed as the other students all either rushed back into the school building or scrambled to take out their umbrellas. Such wimps! I put my heavy bag down on the pavement and spread my arms out, enjoying the sensation of the cool raindrops.

"If it rained every single day, I honestly wouldn't mind!" I exclaimed, feeling the rain streak down my cheeks.

"I totally agree!" Jade replied. She took her chestnut hair out of the messy bun and shook her waves out like a horse. I laughed and did the same with my own brown hair.

The two of us ran around in the rain, spinning and laughing.

Jade was exactly like me. She was crazy, outgoing, loud, and not afraid of what others think. This is partially why we got along so well! The other was because we were pretty much born at the same time! We were born at the same hospital, barely three hours apart. A lot of people thought we were twins, since we looked alike. Our moms met there and ever since we could walk, they set up play dates for us. We would always cry when we were separated. We still hang out nearly every day, and we did each other's hair, makeup, and watched chick flicks. And, we would gossip about everything!

The rain started to die down and slowly, everyone came out again. Picking my bag up, I started to walk towards the front of the crowd so that I could see when my bus came. I couldn't afford to miss the bus anymore. My bus driver would kill me if he had to turn the bus around one more time to get me. Lets just say I have a bit of an organization problem. 

Jade nudged my elbow and nodded her head to the side. I followed her head and saw Mike standing there. Just seeing him made me blush. I have had a crush on Mike since the 7th grade. He had the surfer dude blond hair and captivating blue eyes. Soon, Cory joined Mike and this time it was Jade's turn to blush. She had been crushing on Cory even longer since the 5th grade. They had almost gotten together once but Cory had moved away and now he was back. I laughed and turned my attention to my phone where I had just gotten several texts. 

The next few minutes happend slowly. Or it seemed slow in my head. It probably all happend in a matter of seconds.

A black car came screeching down the street to our school. Everyone stared at it questionably, pausing their conversations. I immediately recognized the car as the one that haunted my every dream. The window rolled down a bit and a menacing gun was pointing out.

I panicked. Why where they here? They had promised to leave me alone. He had promised.

An invisible hand pulled the trigger, sending the first bullet flying. The sound echoed through my ears. I watched frozen and helpless as my best friend fell to the concrete. She died instantly, crimson liquid gushing from her wound.

I kneeled down, tears streaking my eyes and pulled Jade onto my lap. I pushed her beautiful hair from her sleeping face, trying not to break down.

I can remember the rush as people tried to run inside and get out of the way of the gunfire. That's when the second bullet was shot. This time it hit me, the original target. I didn't notice it at first and it didn't hurt thanks to the adrenaline going through my body. In a blur, some people screamed my name. That's when I looked down to see blood seeping through my white t-shirt. I'd been shot in the stomach. I felt myself go weak and I fell backwards onto my back on the hard ground, all feeling seeping out of me.

The car screeched away and I heard some one yell to call 911.  A few blurry faces appeared above me. I heard shouting but none of it seemed real to me. The faces started to darken. I heard loud, obnoxious sirens in the distance and then, my whole world went black.