Theme 6: Road Trip/Camping

"Where are we going?" Sock asked, looking at passing scenery out the car window.

"A little road trip with a short camping trip." Jonathan answered, keeping his eyes on the road.

"But," Sock said, looking over, "Where are we going?"

Jonathan grinned and said, "You'll see when we get there."

Sock frowned but went back to looking out the window.

"Are we there yet?" Sock whined for what felt like hundredth time since the start of their trip.

Jonathan rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Like I told you last time babe," Jonathan said, running a hand through his hair, "We'll get there when we get there."

Sock groaned and let his face hit the window.

"But I'm booorrrreeeedddd." Sock fussed.

"We'll be there soon so quit pouting." Jonathan said, turning off onto a dirt road.

Sock complied and was quiet the rest of the drive to the camp ground. When they finally arrived, they got out and grabbed their stuff. They started setting up their tent and bedding stuff and Sock noticed that the sky was beginning to grow cloudy.

"Hey, hon," Sock said, tugging on his sleeve, "It looks like it's gonna rain. You should put up that rain thingy."

Jonathan chuckled and said, "It's called a rainfly. And yeah, it'd probably be a good idea."

Jonathan set to work on setting up the rainfly and Sock threw everything else into the tent so it wouldn't get wet if it started raining.

"Are you almost finis-" Sock's voice was cut off by a rather loud boom which caused him to jump.

"Shit!" Jonathan shouted, diving into the tent just as it began to pour.

"Looks like we made it just in time, huh?" Sock said, giggling.

"Yeah." Jonathan said, nodding.

Sock looked at Jonathan's phone and saw that it was around seven o'clock by then and smiled.

"Hey," he said, smiling, "We could turn in early. Ya know, since there's nothing else for us to do anyway."

Jonathan grinned and nodded, pulling Sock closer to him. The smaller boy fell into his lap and wrapped his arms around his neck. Jonathan kissed him and Sock kissed back happily. They leaned to the side and fell onto the sleeping bag, continuing to happily kiss on the rainy Saturday evening in early October.