Chapter 3

Merlin's POV
My head was pounding and it hurt to move at all. Arthur? Was my first thought I couldn't speak sense I was being gagged with a white cloth . I was in a small room with one man standing at the door. He didn't notice I had woken up . I hoped that was a good thing so I pretended to still be asleep. I had to slightly open my eyes when I heard heavy footsteps above my head. I gathered I was downstairs in some old building. The door the tall man was guarding was thrown open and Arthur came crashing down to the floor. My eyes opened wide and I tried to stand up but noticed the shackles on my feet which were attached to the wall. On the right side of Arthur's face was a huge gash and he was knocked out. Morgan's came right behind him and she immediately noticed I was awake.
" Hello Merlin. How was your journey here?" She asked kneeling down beside Arthur . Get away from him or I swear I will kill you. I wanted to shout but couldn't ." By the way your magic won't be any use to you here . Those shackles have ancient times which disable any magic ." She said while looking at Arthur . I felt so helpless . Morgan's proceeded to flick her wrist which hovered Arthur about ten feet form the ground. I had no idea what she was doing until she waved her hand again which dropped Arthur back to the stone floor. Arthur started to bleed from the back of his head. I jumped up trying to get to him. My screams were muffled by the cloth. Morgan's smirked at me ." Well Merlin for the ritual that I what to prepare , which I figure you already know what it is, I need to people who love each other , but one of them has to be tortured . Not in a physical way but mentally and emotionally ." She said and I knew damn well what that meant . She would physically hurt Arthur in order to torture me.
Arthur's POV
The first thing I noticed when I woke up was Merlin laid against the wall his eyes bloodshot staring at me. Then the pain hit me I could move my arm just enough to feel the deep wound in the back of my head. It felt like even blinking to every ounce of energy I had. I crawled closer to Merlin to see if he was okay. Every muscle screamed with pain , but I wouldn't let that stop me.
"M-Merlin ?" I managed to choke out from my raw throat. His dark blue eyes glistened with tears which made mine do the same." It's alright ." I whispered as I pulled off the cloth wrapped around his mouth." Arthur we need to get out of here Morgana is using you to get to me but I can't use magic because of these stupid shackles and-" Merlin spit out so quickly I could barely make out what he was saying." I know we have to escape but I have no idea how to. Our only chance is Gwaine sense he saw us get taken ." I said in a soothing tone . Merlin just nodded and sank down closer to the ground. I managed to sit myself up against the wall with him and let him lay his head on my shoulder . How did things turn out like this? I thought to myself remembering the simple days when Merlin would always tell a stupid joke every morning to make me laugh which, frankly, always worked. Now we were here being held captive by Morgana , whom I thought I could trust , just for some stupid ritual . I pulled Merlin in closer and planted a kiss on his forehead ." I love you ." I whispered quietly to Merlin who was asleep , but I could've swore I saw his lips curve up the slightest bit.