How it happened

The next morning Dan wakes up early. He gets up and goes to the kitchen. He gets out everything he needs to make Hayley some Delia Smith pancakes.
Dan finishes up cooking and puts everything on a tray. He makes sure that everything is perfect. He picks up the tray and walks into his and Hayley's room. He quietly sets the tray on his nightstand.
"Hayley wake up." He whispers while gently shaking her.
"Is something wrong?" She asks.
"No I made you breakfast." Dan answers while gesturing to the tray on the nightstand. He picks up the tray and sets it on Hayley's lap.
"Are these pancakes?" She asks.
"Not just any pancakes they are Delia Smith pancakes." Dan replies smiling proudly.
Ali wakes up and walks down the hall towards the bathroom. She stops wen she sees the door to dans room open just enough to see what's going on inside. She watches as Dan and Hayley talk while she eats breakfast in bed. Every now and then Hayley feeds Dan a bite of her pancakes.
Ali looks away and walks into the kitchen. At that moment Dan and Hayley walk into the kitchen bringing out the dirty dishes. "Are you alright?" Hayley asks Ali.
"Yeah I'm fine I was just thinking." Ali replies.
"What were you thinking about?" Dan asks.
"How did you two become a thing?" Ali asks.
"Well Hayley and I met at VidCon a couple of years ago and I saw Hayley and she wasn't like other fans she was calm and she wasn't freaking out. I asked her if she wanted to have dinner with Phil and I." Dan says.
"Turns out Phil got sick so it ended up being Dan and I and we had a great time. After dinner we exchanged numbers and kept in contact." Hayley finishes for Dan.
"After some time I decided to tell Hayley that when I saw her it was love at first sight for me and things just went from there." Dan finishes the story.
"That's really sweet." Ali says crying.
Phil walks into the kitchen. He looks up from his phone and sees Ali crying. "Are you alright?" He asks in a worried tone. He runs over to her and hugs her.
"I'm fine it's nothing." Ali replies and hugs Phil back.
"Are you sure your not in any pain?" He asks still worried.
"I promise I'm not in any pain." Ali says giving Phil a reassuring smile.
Hayley looks at the two and pulls Dan out of the kitchen. "What's was that for?" He asks once they are out of the kitchen.
"He so loves her." Hayley answers.
"How can you tell that?" Dan asks confused.
"It's obvious by the way he looks at her and how he was worried she was in pain and he's just different around her." Hayley explains.
"Oh no I know that look you want to play match maker with them." Dan says.
"How can you possibly tell that?" Hayley asks.
"You're my girlfriend it's my job to know stuff like that." Dan tells her.
"So what if I want to give them a little push towards each other it's not a big deal." Hayley says.
"No this is Phil we're talking about you have to let it happen on its own." Dan says. Hayley sighs but agreed.