Chapter 2

She pushed open the door and proceeded to let each horse back into the pasture except the one she hadn't put in the harnesses. "That's a shame. I wish all creatures could coexist together." She twiddled with the rope lead. "Do I need to bring anything? Wear anything special?"

"As do I, Miss Eva." She nodded in agreement. "And, no, certainly not. As long as you promise not to tell a living soul about this place." She said firmly.

The farmer blushed a little at the 'Miss.' "You know, you don't have to be formal with me Lucia, you can just call Eva. I promise it is okay!" She looked at Lucia up and down. "Well, you're the only creature I have met. But, I feel as though we can live together just fine, I don't see why there needs to be conflict." She looked back at her horse, and back at the faerie again. "I won't tell anyone about it. But, I mean, should I ride my horse there? Or, would that offend them in some way?"

"Alright... Eva..." She nodded and looked over, at the horse. "No, you may ride your horse, it's not a problem with anyone." She flapped her wings a few times, hovering a few feet in the air.

When she said only her name, she gave the faerie a warm smile. With that, she mounted the horse and once situated, looked towards Lucia. "Lead the way friend!"

Lucia flew off rather quickly, her thin wings were very strong. She led her through to the forest's edge and landed on a branch, flitting from one tree to the next.

Unexpected at how fast she took off, it took Eva a couple of seconds to register that that was her cue to follow. She was able to catch up, but, was always a bit behind. "Lucia! Wait for me please! I wasn't expecting you to take off so fast!"

Lucia halted and hung upside down from one of the branches, waiting for her. "I'm not used to having anyone follow me, I apologize again."

Avelina slowed down to a halt and was before the upside down faerie. "It's okay, I don't really mind! I just worry about my horse, he is not always pushed to going this fast! He's strong, but, it can be hard for him to maneuver like this." She said while patting his neck, letting him catch his breath

She sat on the branch before dropping down to the forest floor, slowing her fall with her wings. "I will walk then, I could not allow an animal to feel any pain." She stroked his nose.

"Oh! I don't necessarily think he is in pain per say, just, more of pushing his limits. He is a bit out of shape going this fast. Like yours truly obviously. So, I shouldn't be talking." She said while patting her stomach.

"I certainly won't be able to fly much longer." Lucia chuckled once and walked through the leaves. "It's a bit of a distance, we do try to keep out of sight as much as we can."

She looked around her. "Well, it is the forest. Most people don't come in here unless they desperately need to do it." She paused. "Do you want to hop up on here? He could carry both of us." She scooted back a bit on him and patted in front of her. "That way, I could hide your wings a bit." Eva said with a smile.

"You might be surprised." She told her and looked up at the horse. "No thank you, but I appreciate the offer." Lucia said politely.

She raised up her arm and gave a little flex of her arm. "You may be surprised, but, I could help fight them off whoever they are! I am a lot stronger than I look I promise!" She chuckled and put her arm down. "Alright, sounds good. I just thought I should offer to a friend that is helping me see these amazing other creatures!"

"I'm afraid I've never ridden a horse before." Lucia told her and kept trekking along, her bare feet ruffling in the leaves.

"Well, I suppose you wouldn't have. I mean, you have wings to take you places." Avelina ruffled his mane a bit. "I have to rely on this guy to help me out if I need to go long distances."