Chapter 2

SIM

The scene fade slowly before me with only the lingering sense of determination remaining. I fell back into my realites with a sigh. I would take on that determination and make it my own.

"What did you see?"

"The past I think," I murmured hesitantly, returning back to my mind after dwelling in another's still caused a little disorientation. I hadn't wanted the past. But as always, getting what I didn't want was never a problem. It would be a while before I caught up to the present and its the present that was important. Important in helping us locate Sona. My biologically engineered quadruplet sister.

"We should try again," said Rita, the only Heilors sensitive and patient enough to show me the hows in tracking my sisters. I had managed after months of trying, to hone in on Sona. Using the tracker's like ability to draw out the link from the depths of my mind and simply follow it. The tracker, attempted this physically, while I ventured forth by tapping into her memories. It would have been easier if she'd simply tell us her whereabouts. She is aware of our search and yet, it had to be inherent stubbornness from Bimas's side of the gene pool that kept Sona in hiding. No doubt clinging to some ridiculous belief that we would all simply just go away.

"You can turn it up now," I murmured absently with a nod to the muted tv screen.

"What does the church say about this Father Gregory? Do these alien share Christ as their God? Does the bible acknowledge their existence? Or are they the Devil incarnate?"

I shook my head at the persistent reported chasing down answers from a bewildered priest. It was the same all over. It has been half an earth year since, we came out and made our presence known. Aliens on earth. First contact. Meet our knew neighbours, had just been the first amoung many of the talk shows, documentaries, movies and well, news to occupy the screens, internet, radio and print.

We were the talk of the town and quite frankly, I was bored silly by it all.

We have been likened to everything possible and imaginable. The winged Heilors have been called Angels by some and Lycans by others. That they were neither didn't seem to matter. The world would perceive what it would. It would be a time yet before Eric and his clan were accepted as anything other than what they were. Which was ironic really, especially as Earthlings themselves have been gearing up to step out onto space and conquer -the  planets within their solar system. It was even more ironic that it will be the humans who invaded Mars and not the other way round as was so fondly potrayed by Hollywood.

But I doubt even the Human Martians could take the limelight away from our invasion of Earth.

Not that we invaded anything. It was all very cordial. Polite and civilised.

Treaties were signed and Australia was made our new home.

Well the Heilors new home. I would be as always merely visiting. That shouldn't come as a surprise since my very existence was blatantly illlegal in many galaxies and acceptance from anyone was yet to be earned.

Afterall, what was a home without some form of acceptance?

Not a home at all.