Chapter 3

I unfolded my limbs and rose shakily to my feet.

"There are some claiming that the aliens are followers of Islam and that Islam is the universal religion..."

I glanced back at Rita's absorbed expression as she stared on intently at the tv screen. She was fascinated by the Earthlings and their quaint minds. Religion no longer existed amongst the Heilars and the Johuans even. The Ovions still clung to their ancient foundling tales but those tales were too ancient to be really believed.

I believed though.

Having Bahres in my blood made the fiction of religions all that much more believable. But these Earthlings took religions to a whole new dimension in their beliefs. That took a lot of threading about delicately and strong diplomacy to overcome.

Both of which I would have been entirely incapable of in just over a year back and yet now I seemed to have somewhat mastered the art.

Having almost died numerous times in these past year may have had something to do with it. Having found a family to live for, certainly gave me an edge I didn't otherwise have. But it could be my rising infatuation with Xion that nailed it.

Xion, my lover.

Lover, a term used by Earthlings to announce those one loved or had loving with. I didn't yet know what love really was. There was the commercialised interpretations, the spiritual ones and then just random ideas being thrown about that notion. What was real was hard to decipher? I could only relate to what made sense of the word... sexual intercourse.

A lover was simply someone one had sex with. I had sex a plenty with Xion. It was coming to be one of my favourite pastimes and his too.

Especially, of late when Earth's politics was draining on him. I was his source of sexual release and my brother, Ari was his outlet for venting spleen. Bashing Ari was another favourites of his. Rivalling only his need to couple with me.

And while Xion was always certain in his assurance of scoring against me, with Ari he didn't fare as well. The Heilar blood in Ari was too strong for that. And that was what really drove Xion wild. All his vast skills came to naught when pitted against Ari's mostly brute strength. The very worst of it was that Ari wasn't even pure Heilor. He was not even a halfling. It was only that his Heilor blood was stronger than my own. We were  sadly a concoction of a multitude of select genes.

Still what worried Xion most was that if he couldn't win against Ari, his chances of taking on and scoring against a pure Heilor was next to nil.

The talk on the tv muted out as I stepped out of the cubicle that was Rita's home aboard the Arythme. Rita had not yet completed her shift to Earth. The vibes from the containment of the event horizon was still too nauseatingly strong for her.

The need to resolve it all once and for all was now greater than ever. The next generations of Heilors will be born soon and they needed a safe environment. While Australia was as far away from the containment field as possible it was still too close for comfort.