Chapter 2

✖Picture is Luke

I was woken up from my sleep by someone banging on my room door. I had locked it so no one would bug me.

Eric feel asleep with me, he was still a sleep. How could he sleep through that? I thought to myself. I stood up off my bed and walked over to my door. I unlock and open it. My dad was standing there.

"What?" I ask in a tired voice.

He didn't say anything, he just grabbed my hand and pulled my sleeve up. Damn you Luke. I thought. He let go of my hand grabbing my upper arm and dragging me out of my room and the downstairs. I'm going to kill Luke for telling my parents.

My dad dragged me all the way down the stairs and into the family room, where Stacy and Luke sat talking. They're taking about me, of course.

I get shoved onto the couch, hard enough that it almost falls over. I didn't know my dad could shove me that hard, and it kinda hurt to be honest.

"Start talking." He says with a scowl.

"About what?" I ask stupidly.

"About the cuts on your arms." Luke chimes in.

"Why? There's nothing to tell." I state with a small smile.

"Yes there is." Stacey states shifting her position to look at me better.

"No there isn't." I'm so close to yelling at them.

"Why do you do it?" Luke asks standing up.

"I-I-I don't know. But why would you care?!? You've hated me ever since I moved her two years ago! And I have no clue why!" I tell at him.

He sits next me. "I don't hate you Alexandria. I tolerate you, but I don't hate you." He says just above a whisper.

"Bull shit." I whisper back.

"Alex, just tell us why you hurt yourself. We want to be able to help you." Stacey says sympathetically as she stands up moving to my dad's side.

"You cant help me, no matter how hard you try to." I say looking down at my fidgeting hands.

"Why do you say that?" Luke asks making me look up into his gorgeous bright blue eyes.

"Because Eric's been trying for years to get me to stop, nothing works."

"True that." I look over my shoulder to see Eric leaning up against the wall with a small smile placed on his face. He slowly walks over to me. "She's been like this for a little less the 2 years. Currently I haven't found out why." He states standing in front of me.

"Wait you don't know why she's doing it?" Luke asks with shock in his voice.

"Well . . . No I do know why, I just don't know why she's having such a hard time stopping." He says giving me a sorry filled look. Oh he's gonna get it.
Luke gives me a confused look, but it also has a bit of guilt and shame mixed in with it. He probably suspects he's one of the reasons why.

"Can I go back to my room?" I ask a little uncomfortable with the topic.

"Yes. Oh and can you show Luke the guest room that he'll be staying in, please?" Stacey asks ultra nicely.

I nod before walking down the hall and stopping in front of a door.

"This is your room." I say to Luke.

"Where's your room?" He asks suspiciously.

"Up the stairs. Well in the attic." I say with a small smile. Luke nods and goes into his room as Eric and I go up the stairs and into my room.