Chapter One- One Faithful Day

It's Saturday morning and my body is still sore from our Varsity Practice yesterday. By the way, my name is Leo Alexander Madrigal. I am 17 years old and I haven't been in-love for 4 years. Why? Because I don't think someone can make me fall again. I am still studying at Aero University and currently a varsity player.

Now I have to go to a Saturday class because our beloved principal decided to give us an extra day of happiness with books. (Yay).

"Hey! Wake-up you're going to be late for school you dumbass!" Oh and that's my bestfriend Mae, I like to think that she won't kill me today...probably.

"WAKE-UP OR I'M GOING TO BREAK YOUR BACK!" Mae said.
"Five more minutes mom.." I sleepily said.
"Oh I'm not your mom. But I'll definitely pop every Volleyball in your room". Those magic words woke me up. I reluctantly ran to the nearest door I could find and wrestled her to the floor.

" Ow! What the hell you idiot!?".
"Please don't make a hole on my Volleyballs?" I said.
"Ugh! Ofcourse I won't. Just hurry up. I've prepared breakfast already. C'mon move!".

After I prepared myself, we headed outside to go to school. I usually drove the car but this time she insisted that I needed to rest a little.
" Hey, I'm almost at the gate. Wake up." She told me. So I sat up straight as she pulled over.
"I don't want to enter a class. I'll probably sleep."

"Oh no you're not going to sleep." She said smiling.
"Why?" I asked.
"Coz we got PE all morning and our topic is..."
"Is?" I frowned.
"Chess".
" What the fudge? How am I supposed to enjoy that sht?".
"Just kidding we got volleyball" She said smirking at me.

I sat at the farthest spot as possible from our Prof. Not because I hate him but because I don't want to listen to the rules of Volleyball. I already know them, I dont want to argue on every rule he states wrong. Meanwhile, my bestfriend is actively reciting things she memorized last night while I'm dozing off to sleep. I was awoken by a whistle, apparently my bestfriend did not tell me that they have started 5 minutes ago. I saw our coach teaching my blockmates to block the spiker. Which is the ever star of the class, Onyx Waren. But of course I'm being sarcastic, he sucks at everything. He feels like he is the superior in every single thing in school. But he is just never going to be superior.

I looked at the setter. I can see that he's been struggling to give Onyx the set he wants, but he has also been setting perfect sets all over the place. No one was daring to block him. I saw Mae as the next target so I sprinted to the net just in time to block his spike. It was a solid block. I saw my blockmates being amazed and Onyx being embarassed. Our prof reluctantly blew his whistle and called me.

"I saw you sleeping in my class just before you did that. How and why did you do that?" My prof asked me.
" Well..uhm..I thought he was going to hit my bestfriend. Besides he's got no blockers." I reasoned with him for minutes before he finally released me.

"Hey Leo!". That voice has annoyed me for years.
" Hi Mae, what's up?"
"Well I was thinking if we could go to the mall today."
"Okay. But after a few minutes we'll go back to the dorm."
"Hours. Pleeeeaase?" She pleaded. "Well...okay fine.".
We went to the mall because she was hungry. She's always hungry but she gives me food so I always agree to go with her. Before we went to the fast food chain that she likes, she asked me to acompany her to the arcade. She was off somewhere trying to get lots of tickets while I went to shoot some hoops. My shooting wasn't on point so not all of my shots went in. I decided to find Mae in the middle of a crowd when someone hugged me from behind. I realized she bumped me not hugged me. I lost my balance and fell . I stared at her in confusion for a few seconds...she was..pretty. She smiled at me. " I'm sorry. I didn't mean to" she was lost in my gaze just as I was to hers.
"It's fine" I managed to respond and smile.
"Are you alone?" She asked

"Nah. I'm looking for my bestfriend actually. How about you?" I replied.

"I'm supposed to meet my friend out here just before I bumped into you. I'm really sorry." She apologized.

"Oh okay. I told you it's fine Miss uhm what's your name?" I tried my best not to stammer.

"Oh yea I forgot. My name is Mishi Vasquez. You are?" She introduced herself smiling.

"I-I'm Leo Madrigal." I said.

"Nice to meet you Leo. Hey I gotta go, my friend is here. Bye". She said while waving her hand as she walked away from me.