Chapter 3

We arrived thirty minutes before our game which meant we have to watch the game before us. It wasn't much of a match, the Neo High School team effortlessly won the game 3-0. I saw Mae and her friends sitting by the bleachers on our side. I scanned the crowd, but I did not see my sister. Which was good because I didn't want her to laugh at me again.

*whistle*

"..and that's our go signal boys. Go ahead and warm yourselves up!" Coach ordered.

Neo University had a very big gym. In fact it could accomodate 2 basketball games and 2 volleyball games at the same time. We jogged around the court and after the Neo University players finished warming-up, we entered the court to start warming-up.

"This is gonna be a tough match bro." Andrew said.

We have been teammates since Elementary, got separated in High School and now we're back.

"Oh hell yea this is gonna be hard. I'm so fired up I can totally do five more rounds of jogging...don't tell coach I said that." I kidded

"When the ball rises to your direction, you know what to do." He smirked

"Of course I do hahaha". I said as I scanned through the crowd once again which he noticed.

"Looking for someone?" He asked

"Oh yeah. My sister said she'll watch me play" I replied.

"Boys! Gather around, we're about to begin." Coach shouted

"Okay. I know you guys are scared of these players, but you can beat them. You've got the determination and will to. Besides we have trained weeks and weeks for this so c'mon and bring it all out alright!?" Coach said

Yea right. I murmurred.
"YES COACH!!" We shouted.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

We have been playing for hours and still haven't determined the winner is. Neo University was definitely not playing easy. Their best six was never subbed out. Set here. Spike there. Dig here. Dig there. Until we reached the 14-13 mark. We were actually leading by one.

As the ball was served they had a problem with their receives and eventually gave a high free ball. I was tired but I rose up just before our setter touched the ball and gave me a quick set. I slammed the ball down with all my force. The blockers were astonished, they were not expecting me to do a quick hit. The ball landed but their faces were still shocked. I shouted and my team mates did too. We won against one of the best universities! We shook hands with the other team which were all smiles.

"We're going to beat you next time haha" their team Captain said laughing.

"We won't back down hahaha" I replied as we shook hands.

I asked permission from my coach if I could roam around to look for my sister which he agreed to.

As I was walking along the grass outside the gym, I saw a girl playing the guitar and she was alone.

"Uhm excuse me. Could you please tell me where-" I stopped as she turned around.

I remember that smile and that beautiful face......Mishi Vasquez.

"Where is what? Hahaha Oh my gosh! Leo right? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Uhm yea. We had a game against your school. I was about to ask where your cafeteria was." I forced myself not to blush.

"Oh okay. How about I just take you there? I mean I have to buy something too, I'm starving." She said while rubbing her tummy.

We walked towards their cafeteria and talked about anything that came into her mind.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Nope."

"Seriously? You don't have one? That's weird."

"Yea. Uhuh. How was that weird?"

"Uhm..uh..because.." She stammered. She looks adorable when she stammers.

"Because?"

"You look cute. I mean not cute. N-not that your not cute! You're cute but what I mean is-" she tried to explain.

"Look Mishi, you don't have to explain. I know my handsomeness and awesomeness can make you feel that way. Hahaha" I joked.

"Yea. You are handsome and awesome" she whispered.

"What?"

"Uhm nothing. Look there's our cafeteria." She pointed at the fast food-like building.

"This place is fancy as fck" I kidded.

• ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••