Chapter 6

Chapter ~6

"Lady Kanella, his Majesty, Lucifer, would like you to come to dinner tonight." Delaney said as she entered my room. I shivered at the thought of sitting down next to Lucifer. His cold eyes running over my body. Delaney opened my wardrobe and pulled out a red dress. It had a lot of material that made the dress heavy and it had a bodice that framed my small waist. It crossed crossed up my back, starting from the dimples of my back up to my armpits. I felt almost exposed and naked. My scars were visible and when I asked Delaney to cover them she said that I should be proud of them and left them uncovered. My hair was taken out of its braid and pinned on-top of my head. Delaney applied things to my face and when I was finally done she asked if I wanted to look in the mirror. I told her no. I really don't like looking in a mirror. It's embarrassing to become infatuated with your own beauty.

Walking into the eating room, I sucked in a breath. It wasn't just Lucifer or even Lucifer and Tucken. Many strange men sat at the table with Tucken and Lucifer.

"Ah! The beautiful Kanella." Lucifer motioned to me. Instantly all conversation ceased as the men all stared at me in wonder. Though no words came out, I could hear all their thoughts.

Beautiful.

Desirable.

Want her.

Need her.

Mine.

Take her.

All these thoughts swirled around the room and my panic filled eyes met Tucken's. He nodded to me and I quickly found my seat. Conversation started up again but all men's eyes were still on me. When food came, I ate sparingly because my stomach churned at the constant onslaught of dirty thoughts. The man next to me made every excuse to brush against my chest whenever he got more food. I stared off at a wall trying to forget where I was. Suddenly, a hand brought me back to reality. A hand that was on my thigh. I tried to move myself away from the hand and the man next to me it belonged to. He squeezed it tightly and I gasped when his other hand moved closer to a spot no one had ever touched. His thoughts made me want to gag. I looked at Tucken with fear and thrusted my thoughts into his head.

Help me. He- his hands.

I sent him a mental image and I saw his hands tighten around his glass, his jaw clenching.

Say something to him.

He mouthed to me. I shook my head.

Do it.

He mouthed back.

I took a shaky breath and the man smiled, thinking he was getting a good reaction out of me. I bent closer to him.

"Get your hands off of me or I will rip them off your arms and feed them to Lucifer's tiger." The man's eyes widened and slowly his hands retreated back. Not without a last feel though.

When dessert was brought out, Lucifer stood up, holding out a glass my direction.

"Here's to the most beautiful monster in the world. And here's to everything she will do for me." The men hooted and hollered at his insinuation. Lucifer toasted me and took a drink, his cold eyes never leaving mine. Tucken sat back, not touching his wine. I met his eyes and there was sadness to their warmth. I wanted to reach out and touch his arm but quickly reigned in my emotions.

Not a future I can have.

I reminded myself.

"If you all were wondering what you are doing here," Lucifer continued, "I invited you here because I want you all to support my kingdom."

"Why should we support you?" A man asked.

"Because I am going to have an army. The strongest army ever built." The men started chattering among themselves. I took a sip of water before Lucifer continued. "My army will be made up of gifted children." I gasped with the water in my mouth and started to choke on it. My lungs sent me into a coughing fit. 

Gifted children? I thought. Whose Gifted children? 

"I have made up a serum that makes people age quickly. When they are born they will be injected with the serum and they will grow at a rapid rate. Once they get to the point where their gift is fully mature, we will inject them with another serum that will stop their aging. For a while, at least. "

"And where will you get these gifted children?" The man next to me asked. Lucifer motioned to Tucken and then to me.

"Just like how every person starts with two people, I have my two Gifted people who will start this mass production. They will give me them."  

"No. No-"  

I went to stand up and the room spun.

What? Children? Gifted children. My- mine and Tuck-.

I hit the cold hard floor and everything faded to blackness.