021

Troye

I run out of the room and slip into my shoes. My coat gets dragged along with me, and I'm running as fast as I can through the doors. Connor is in no shape to chase after me, and I don't want him to. I want to be alone, to clear my head and think.

There are pros and cons of taking Connor back. As a boyfriend. We can be friends, but I want to actually think about this.

As I walk along the sidewalk, it starts to snow. Snowflakes tangle into my hair and rest on my eyelashes. I blink them away but they keep coming back again. Oh, whatever.

My feet stop in front of the hospital. I'm here to see Sage, to talk to her about this. Over the period of time that I was without Connor, I always came to visit and talk to her. Good news: They predicted that she'll come out of it soon but the bad news is that she might have amnesia. And that terrifies me.

The nurses knew me well now, to the point I don't have to sign in. They don't question me, they just let me in.

"Hey, Sage. How're you? I hope you're feeling good. Well, you know I've been talking to you about Connor. He almost drowned himself, but I saved him. Not trying to brag, but I did. And he kinda lives with Dan and Phil and I. Plus I kissed him, and I'm confused now. I don't know if I want to take him back as my boyfriend or just a friend. The pros are that he's amazing. And sweet. And attractive. And adorable. And nice. And lovely. But the cons... Con is that I don't want him to... I dunno, drink. Or if it's actually not wanting him to get violent or aggressive again. You know?"

Bedsheets rustle. I look up at Sage and see her eyes are opened. Her eyes are open. Her eyes are open.

"Nurse! Nurse, her eyes are open! She woke up, she's awake!" I scream and jump up, feeling my heart beat out of control. Nurses flood the room, some pushing me out of the room and others going straight for Sage. "Sage! Wait, let me see he-!" I'm shoved out and the door to her room slams shut. I turn away and sit in a chair not far from her room. Maybe I should call Dan or Phil. Have them come wait with me. But I don't. I sit alone and stare at the beige wall. Waiting for the impolite nurses to inform me on her condition. If she has amnesia or not. I hope she doesn't, because if she doesn't, she's my only sane family left. I'm clinging to her, whether she knows it or not.

Hours pass. I stand and stretch, only to be approached by a doctor/nurse. "Mr. Mellet?" He asks. I nod and he leads me to her room. She's propped up and has a few cups on a tray in front of her. Soft, mushy food used to be contained there, but I assume the doctors wanted her to eat before visiting anyone.

"Troye?"