023

Troye

The following morning, I wake up to an empty bed. Sadness fills me and worry. But it all vanished when the door opens and a freshly showered Connor steps in the room. "Hey. I woke up a while ago and you weren't here," I frown, slightly irritated that he didn't stay and cuddle.

"Meanie," I whine and roll over and try to sleep a wee bit longer. Connor runs and jumps on the bed, knocking me around at the newly found wave of motion. He rests his head in between my shoulder blades and hugs my waist. We stay this way, him just lounging on top of me and me enjoying it. His scent envelopes me; warm cinnamon and freshly baked bread. I don't know how he does it, it just sticks with him all throughout the day and it doesn't go away. Knocking sounds on the door hours upon hours later, and Dan doesn't wait before opening the door.

"Okay, you lazy jerks, we're moving the party to your room! Yeah, okay. Um, well, Phil and I are just gonna play our DS on your floor and you can.. Couple and stuff." He says awkwardly and him and Phil flop onto the ground before playing on their gaming devices. Connor lifts his head, and I feel the aching absence of his touch. I want to whine and tell him to lay back down, but it's not long before he drops down beside me. I turn my head slightly and his mesmerizing green ones capture my crystal blue ones in a trance. "Oh hey, there." I murmur and smile softly. Connor smiles and we have a mini staring contest, only it's not a contest because we both blink multiple times. So we're just staring.

A few minutes pass and I hear weird sounds coming from the floor. "Daniel James Howell and Philip Michael Lester, you two better not be making out on my floor!" I yell and shuffling sounds come from the area they were previously spotted. Ugh, what am I gonna do with those noobs.

"Connor and I are gonna go on a date, okay?" I sit up and tug Connor along with me. His legs get tangled and he almost falls, but I catch him and steer him out of the room. I need to take a shower and get dressed and get ready, so I keep Connor in the other room while I do so.

Dan and Phil are laying together, DS's discarded, when I get out of the shower, fully bathed and dressed in a black button up shirt, black jeans, and black Converse. "You look lovely," Phil smiles and I thank him before Dan attacks him with kisses. Jealous Dan is jealous. I roll my eyes and grab my phone before leaving them making out on my floor to go see my boy.

"Connor!" I call, looking around for him. A fully dressed Connor jumps out from behind something irrelevant and startles me. "Oh my. You look gorgeous, my dear," He smiles and I feel him eliciting the fire I get when he touches me as he grabs my hand. I lead him downstairs and out the door, opening his door for him. I want to pamper him every step of the way. I have huge plans.

The drive is filled with music from Con's favorite artists/bands, until we get to the destination. I had no clue that I was gonna do this now, but I guess I am.

"Stay in the car, just for a sec," I tell Connor and run inside the fancy restaurant.

"Mikey! Luke!" I call when I get to the kitchen. They speed walk towards me, their wedding rings glimmering in the bright kitchen lights.

They give me questioning looks. "No time to explain, Mr. Murphy's," I say. "But it's go time. He's in the car now," They give me wide stares before nodding and barking orders, the way this power couple does.

"Alright. Bring him in." Luke calls from the closet of decorations. I race outside and get Connor. He looks confused and for a second, I wonder if the hastiness is a mistake or not. I don't think so.

For the beginning, we sit at the best table in the center of the room. Connor feels bad about the price of all the food on the menu, but I wave him away and order him what he actually wants, not just the cheapest item on the menu.

Towards the end, I distract Connor while Mikey and Luke and Ben and Alexis set up the plan.

"Are we ready?" I speak to Mikey and he nods. Connor looks at me, all the confusion still there.

I clear my throat and start to speak.

"May I have everyone's attention please because I have an announcement to make. I've been in love with this boy for a very long time, ever since we met and I think it's time. I'm not risking losing you again, so here I go." Everyone looks at me.

"Connor Joel Franta, will you marry me?"