Being FLAWsome.

From the words "flaw" and "awesome" flawsome is a new word describing a trait of accepting yourself with all your flaws and awesomeness. A supermodel namely Tyra Banks even had a "Flawsome Ball" a benefit for her foundation called TZONE The Tyra Banks Zone Foundation. 

But we don't have to be a supermodel to celebrate being flawsome or to promote accepting our flaws. I know it's a cliche saying nobody's perfect or we are all created uniquely and equally but that's true isn't it? No one of us looks the same, similar maybe, but not exactly the same or maybe physically the same but characteristically, mentally emotionally no one's the same.

Being flawsome is not just physically it applies to every thing the way you act, do your job, or how you treat others that's who you are not just how you look. It's a state of mind, like written earlier it's accepting your whole self. So what if you are not size 0? So what if you don't have long smooth and slim legs? So what if you are not drop dead gorgeous? All physical beauty shall fade, our skin and body.

Here is a post I saw on facebook that made me smile and appreciate myself:

A while back, at the entrance of a gym, there was a picture of a very thin and beautiful woman. The caption was "This summer, do you want to be a mermaid or a whale?"

The story goes, a woman (of clothing size unknown) answered the following way:

"Dear people, whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, seals, curious humans), they are sexually active and raise their children with great tenderness.
They entertain like crazy with dolphins and eat lots of prawns. They swim all day and travel to fantastic places like Patagonia, the Barents Sea or the coral reefs of Polynesia.
They sing incredibly well and sometimes even are on cds. They are impressive and dearly loved animals, which everyone defend and admires.

Mermaids do not exist.

But if they existed, they would line up to see a psychologist because of a problem of split personality: woman or fish?
They would have no sex life and could not bear children.
Yes, they would be lovely, but lonely and sad.
And, who wants a girl that smells like fish by his side?

Without a doubt, I'd rather be a whale.

At a time when the media tells us that only thin is beautiful, I prefer to eat ice cream with my kids, to have dinner with my husband, to eat and drink and have fun with my friends.

We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.
We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated.
Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself: "How amazing am I ?! "

   This is not just about our size, color, race, hair or whatever. There is always a bad in every good and good in every bad, yin and yang the balance of life. However we look like there will always be someone that will not like us, we can't please everybody, that's just how it goes. Let us not live our life to make others like us or accept us. We all have flaws, shortcomings or a bad side but that doesn't make us less of any other person, that make us unique. We don't need to strive to fit into anyone's definition of being "beautiful". Embrace your flaws, celebrate them accept them wholeheartedly so that no one else can use them against you.

I am a whale and there is no shame in that, I am living my life the way I want to live it not how i want others to see it.