Isabel Rodkins

So I just finished editing this chapter. I was reading it and I realized just how cringy it was. Hopefully this will be a lot better.

Also, you guys are freaking amazing! I love you more than words could describe and I appreciate all the support!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

  My red comforter could not be seen under the piles of papers I had spread across it. Exams were in three days, and I certainly did not want to fail. Neither did my roommate Annabeth.

Needless to say, our dorm was a disaster.

We were both on our respective beds with papers spread out in front of us trying to cram all the information we could into our brains. I was really trying to focus, I swear, but I couldnt.

The reason I couldn't focus was Annabeth's fault really. She had momentarily stopped her studying to pick up her phone and dial the same number she already had for the sixth time this hour.

"Percy, pick up the gods damn phone! I have called you six times now, and you aren't picking up! I'm getting worried! If you don't call me back soon, I am going to go out and find you myself. Call me so I know you're okay. Please!" She added desperately.

With that, she ended the voicemail and tossed her phone back on her bed. She closed her eyes and sighed through her nose. The reason Annabeth was so worried, is that her boyfriend, Percy, was supposed to be here an hour ago. Apparently he was always late, but never this late.

Percy was a demigod like Annabeth (she had told me this after figuring out I could see through the Mist), so she had cause to be so freaked out. Annabeth never talked much about her demigod life, but she mentioned that the two of them had gone through something traumatic.

After pretending to study for another few minutes, Annabeth sighed and started to walk towards the bathroom. I could hear her rifling through the drawers and when she came back out she was carrying a bottle of nectar and her dagger.

I figured she was going out to look for him, but before I could even ask, the door flew open and was shut a moment later by possibly the most good looking human being I had ever seen. Or rather, demigod.

Annabeth had shown me plenty of pictures of Percy (none of which did him any justice), but I wasn't exactly prepared for what I saw.

Although he looked gorgeous, he was covered in dirt, blood, and golden dust. He had small scratches along his arms, and there was a long slash across his abdomen almost slicing his shirt in half. It was bleeding a lot, dripping onto our floor. His breathing was labored, his hands were shaking, and his eyes were wide.

"Oh shit. Son of a... Shit." He mumbled. Then he clutched his stomach, hissing in pain. And the whole time this was happening, Annabeth and I were standing there with our jaws on the ground. Annabeth was the first to react.

"Oh my gods! Percy!" She wrapped an arm around his waist trying to support him as she walked him over to her bed. He collapsed on it with a  groan.

"Izzy! Get me towels, water, and ambrosia. Go!" Annabeth grabbed a pair of scissors and cut open his shirt, examining the bleeding wound. Meanwhile, I completed my tasks in a frenzy. I grabbed towels from the bathroom, filled a pot with water and grabbed some ambrosia.

I handed her the towels and ambrosia while I held the pot of water, trying to keep it from spilling. Annabeth dabbed his abdomen with the towels, trying to clean as much blood as she could. Then, despite my attempts to keep all the water in the pot, she ripped it from my hands and poured it on him.