Lolita

LOLITA'S POINT OF VIEW

It was 9:30pm. Léa's slender body dominated the entire sofa as she watched TV; her brunette curls spread on the armrest behind her. As per usual, she was watching the news, they were talking about foreigners again.

It only took a few seconds for Léa to notice her younger sister Lolita standing in the doorway. She swung her legs over the side of the sofa to make room, and tapped the sofa. Lolita ignored the invitation and stared at the TV.

Léa was the type of girl who shined. Anything could make her smile, even little things, like knowing she is young. She was only 16.

"If they hate white people so much, why don't they just get out of our country?" Léa scowled angrily, talking to the news reporter who would never hear her. She sighed, realising the words pouring from her lips were useless, and turned to smile at Lolita.

Opinion-less, Lolita wandered out of the living room and into her own. The walls were a light princess pink, the floors were hidden with a huge white fur rug, and there were flowers everywhere. They crept all around the walls and the ceiling and invaded the window. Stuffed animals were piled upon the bed and atop the wardrobe that was filled with dresses and ribbons. In the corner of the room was a small dressing table, complete with a heart shaped mirror. Lolita quietly crossed the room and perched on the stool, watching her mirror reflection.

With eyes as big as moons and milky lips parted, she stared at herself, unable to decide if she disapproved of herself or if she was happy with her form. Eventually, she realised she was also unable to care. There was no connection, just her own reflection.

"This is how I look, and there's nothing I can ever do about it, so I don't care." She told herself.

Lolita had blonde hair, unlike her sister. It rolled all the way down to her hips. She was pale and petite. Much smaller and lighter than any of the other girls or boys she knew. She was only 13.

The day had long worn her out, so she slipped out of her clothes and put on an over-sized shirt meant for an obese woman. It was light pink with a fat Rabbit saying 'kiss the carrots' on it.

"I'd do anything for you." She told the Rabbit softy as she climbed into bed, pulling the huge blankets over her.

"And I you." She heard the Rabbit reply.

Giggling, she leaned onto her side until she fell asleep.

In her dream, she only wore knee length frilly white socks and a giant mouse-girl ribbon in her hair. If it were real, she might feel embarrassed, but this was her dream and this was natural. In her dreams, Lolita admired herself. She giggled once more knowing that it was time to find the Rabbit. The giant white Rabbit who kissed carrots and kissed her.

Dreamworld is often a world where dark swallows light, so Lolita had to tread carefully down the twisting steps towards her destination. She wanted to go the Primrose theatre. That was where she and the Rabbit watched performences together. From the stage.

Swirls of pink and white and yellow swam above her head as she reached the bottom of the staircase. Now, in front of her, was a door. A huge red door embroidered with heart shapes. Lolita gently pushed it open, and inside, she could see the stage. Thousands of empty seats bowed before it.

The Rabbit was on the stage, already watching her. In a split second, Lolita was beside him. He kissed her nose and she curtseyed.

"Rabbit, what is the show tonight?" Lolita asked politely.

Saying nothing, the rabbit pointed to the two little boys huddle together in the front row. One of the boys had completely white eyes. No pupils, just white. Lolita knew he was possessed.

It was only a moment before the white-eyed boy was upon the other, clawing at his face and biting his neck, stamping on his legs and bashing his head against his chair. It was quite some time before the boy was dead, his body limp and disfigured in a bloody mess. The white-eyed boy kissed his brother's forehead and then collapsed.

Lolita grinned with such excitement. She spun and lept into the Rabbit's arms, pushing him over. She sat on his lap.

She tilted her head. "Will I get to play in a show?" She asked hopefully.

The Rabbit gently lifted her and led her on her back, where he kissed her chest, and then her belly, and then each of her knees.

"Of course, Lolita."