chapter three

I wake up to Thorin shaking me. I groan, and glare at him. He looks amused, and I frown. “What is it Thorin?” I ask him, annoyed. “I need to speak with you,” he says. “Thorin, can’t it wait until morning?” I ask him, falling asleep again. He shakes me again. “No, I wish to apologize for how I have treated you. I shouldn’t have treated you like you didn’t belong,” he says. I look at him shocked. “y-you are forgiven, but may I ask why are you saying sorry now?” I ask him. He looks away, and pulls me closer. I blush, but make him look at me. I look at him worried, and he frowns. “What’s wrong Thorin?” I ask him. He hides his face in my shoulder. “I had a dream that you were killed,” he mumbles into my shoulder. I sigh, and run my fingers through his hair. “I’m not going to die Thorin, I’ll be here for you,” I say, not really believing my own words. His grip tightens a little, and I rub his back. “We should get some more sleep, we are leaving soon right?” I say/ask him, and he nods.  I yawn, and he does the same. “Night halfing” he says. “Goodnight Thorin” I say, and fall asleep.

          The next time I wake up, it was to Kili and Fili pacing up around me. I yawn, and they look at me. “You’re awake! Good we are leaving soon,” Fili says. I nod, and start packing my things sluggishly. I notice everyone is eating, and Ori is sleeping against Dwalin. Dwalin looks at me, and I smile gently. He nods, and smiles back a little. I get some food, and sit down next to Balin. I shiver a little. Why is it so cold today? I feel something heavy and warm cover my shoulders. I look, and see Thorin walking away without his coat. I blush a little, and snuggle into the coat. I look at the others, and they all look shocked, except for Balin, who’s smirking. I blush brighter, and focus on my food. “We are leaving now” Thorin says, walking over to us. We all nod, and gather out things.

         We leave, and I look at Rivendell one last time. I wish I was able to say goodbye to Elrond. Thorin walks over, and grabs my arm pulling me up to the front. “You will stay by my side,” he says, and I nod. “Do you miss the Elf?” Thorin asks, with a look of distain. “Yes, he was my friend,” I say, glaring at him. He glares back. “Trust me hobbit, he wanted to be more than just your friend,” he says, glaring at nothing. I look at him confused. “What do you mean?” I ask him. He looks at me like I’m an idiot. “He wanted to bed you little hobbit” he says bluntly. I blush really red. ‘”Y-you’re wrong! H-he didn’t have those kinds of feelings!” I say, trying to deny what Thorin just told me. He chuckles coldly. “Trust me Master Baggins, that is what he wanted,” Thorin says. I try to control my blushing, but it no use. I look away, and hear the others laughing. I glare at them, and they cover their laughter in their hands. I sigh, and try to block everyone out.

           It gets dark pretty fast, and as we were walking on this very dangerous path we hear thunder. When we look up, we see these giant rock men fighting.  One of them crashes into the mountain by us, and we get separated. I was trying to help Kili when, I lose my footing. So here I am, dangling for dear life as the others yell my name. They notice me dangling, and try to pull me up. Thorin jumps down next to me, and pulls me up. I climb up, but notice he loses his grip. Dwalin pulls him up, and Thorin glares at me. “You should never have come,” As he says that, I can feel my heart break. I hold back tears, and follow them into a small cave. I’ll just leave when they are asleep.