chapter five

We’ve been running from the wargs for a while now, and I’m starting to get tired. We come to a dead end, and Gandalf shouts to climb the trees. I’m about to follow, but a warg rushes at me. I hold my sword up, and it stabs right into its head. Yes! I got it! I try getting my sword out, but it’s really stuck. NO! Come on their coming! I get it out, and almost fall over. “Bilbo!” Bofur yells, and I rush to a tree. A warg just misses me. That was close. I notice we are surrounded, and now the trees are falling. This is we are going to die! I jump to another tree, and grip a branch. “Catch!” Gandalf yells, dropping cones that are on fire. We throw them at the wargs, and they back off. I notice Thorin has gotten up, and is now marching towards Azog. Azog charged, and knocked Thorin over. His warg bites into Thorin’s body, and Thorin screams. “Stop! Please Stop!” I shout, but they don’t listen. Azog says something, and another orc gets off his warg. He walks over to Thorin, and raises his sword. No! Thorin can’t die! I get up, and rush towards them. I tackle the orc, and stab him multiple times. Everyone looks shocked, except Azog. He looks pissed. I stand up in front of Thorin. I glare at Azog, and stand my ground. The wargs start getting closer, and I swing my sword. I will protect Thorin, even if I die doing it. One is about to charge, when all of a sudden all the dwarves are fighting. 

               In the middle of our fighting, we hear this screeching noise. I look up, and notice these giant eagles. They start attacking all the wargs, while picking us up. One of them throws me onto another one. This is so scary! I’m gripping so tightly onto the bird’s feathers, I’m sure I’ve pulled a few out by now. “Thorin!” I hear Fili shout, and look to where Thorin’s being carried. I hope he makes it. We fly until we get to this small rocky hill thing. They set us down gently, and we all rush to Thorin’s body. Gandalf waves his hand over Thorin’s face, and his eyes open. We all cheer, and Fili helps him up. “Where is the hobbit?” he asks Gandalf. “It’s okay, our dear hobbit is safe” he says, pointing to me. I smile a little, but frown when I see the look on Thorin’s face. He walks over glaring. “Didn’t I say you were not welcomed? Did I not say you would be no use to us? That you had no place with us?” He asks, glaring. I fight back tears, and then he smiles. “I have never been so wrong in my life,” he says, hugging me. I freeze, but then relax and hug him back. “I am so sorry Bilbo,” he whispers to me. I smile, and look at him. “No, I would have doubted me too,” I say, smiling. He smiles bigger, and then cups my cheek. I blush a little, and he pulls me closer. I blush redder, and he closes his eyes. I close my eyes, and he presses his lips to mine. Thorin is kissing me!! Oh my, his lips are so soft. We hear some gasps, and a thud. We pull apart, and look at each other. I notice Thorin’s cheeks are red, and his eyes are sparkling with happiness. I smile back, and hug his neck while he hugs my waist.

        When we finally break apart, I look to see what the thud was. Turns out Dwalin fainted, now Ori is trying to wake him up. I laugh a little, and Balin gives me a stern look but I can tell he’s trying not to laugh. “He’s never going to hear the end of that,” Thorin says, chuckling. Ori kisses Dwalin’s cheek, and he comes too. “Are you okay?” he asks, worried. Dwalin nods, and looks at us. “Thorin may I speak to you?” Dwalin asks. Thorin nods, and they move away from us. I look at Ori worried. He walks over, and smiles a little. “Don’t worry, Dwalin is just making sure Thorin’s feelings for you are true,” he says, an I nod. Fili, and Kili come over and hug me. “So, you and uncle huh?” Kili asks, grinning. I blush, and glare at them a little. “Leave him alone!” Thorin yells. “Sorry uncle,” Fili says, hiding behind me. “They’re fine Thorin. They’re just picking a little,” I say, softly. His look softens, and he nods. He looks shocked, and looks past me. I look confused, and then turn around. Ori gasps. “It’s our home,” he says, and grips Dwalin’s hand. I smile, and a bird flies past us. Thorin smiles, and holds my hand. “We shall take this as a sign. Our troubles are behind us.” he says, and I smile at him. We share a soft kiss, and I blush a little. “We shall set up camp tonight, and head out tomorrow,” Thorin says. “I suggest finding somewhere a little safer to sleep,” Gandalf says, and Thorin nods. “Okay, let’s go,” he says, and I look at him worried. “Will you let Dwalin help you? Your wounds will make it hard for you to walk,” I say. He sighs, but nods. “Yes, I will let him help me,” Thorin says, then kisses my forehead. Dwalin puts his arm on Thorin’s waist, and helps him walk. We end up walking until dark, and find a small cave. Dwalin helps him sit down, and walks over to Ori. I sit next to Thorin, and he holds my hand. “How are you? Does it hurt too badly?” I ask him. He smiles a little. “No it’s not that bad,” he say’s and kisses me. I kiss back, and blush. “You should get some sleep, I’ll wake you when dinner is done,” I tell him, and he nods. He lays his head on my lap, and falls asleep. I smile, and kiss his cheek. I feel someone sit down next to me. I look, and see Gandalf looking worried. “Are you sure about this my boy? Don’t you think things are moving too fast?” he asks me, and I frown. Are we moving too fast? “I don’t think we are. I’ll admit it was a huge shock, but I’m glad he likes me,” I say, smiling down at Thorin. He mumbles something, and I smile. “Just be careful,” Gandalf says, and gets up. He smiles, and walks over to Balin. I wonder why he’s so worried about me. I think he’s just to protecting. I lean agains’t some rocks, and close my eyes. I’ll just rest for a bit, and then wake up Thorin. I slowly drift off to the sound of the others talking.