Streetwalker

Johns POV:

I'm driving to the gas station while getting yelled at by Brian on the phone about not taking things serious. I don't need to think things seriously, I'm still young and I have every right to get into mischief.
"Fucking hell!" I screeched while getting the car straightened out from being surprised because out of nowhere a girl wandered down the road heading toward the direction of the gas station. She wore blue jean shorts and since it was this late at night I couldn't tell if the vneck shirt she was wearing was blue or white. She wore white converse and was holding a half empty cherry cola bottle. She had long hair that's for sure and she could have been daydreaming because she didn't even seem bothered that she might have had me drive off the road. I continued driving glancing at her through my rear view mirror every seven seconds. Quite the looker she was considering I could hardly see her in the darkness. A minute later I pulled into the gas station with her out of sight. I stepped out of the car while the cold midnight air caressed my face and the crisp smell of the light wind made me feel new. It was 11:34 when I looked at my watch, bit late isn't it? I kept walking with a careful pace to not make a sound because it was so quiet that I felt that I would be disturbing the night. I pulled the left entrance door open and stepped into the little store.
"30 on pump five please." I muttered as I laid the thirty dollars down on the counter.
"You got it." The old women said as she attempted to make small talk. She had orangish blond hairvand pink lipstick rubbed to wear you could tell she went off of her lips with it. Then the door urched open and in stepped the girl from the road. "Who is that?" I whispered, getting my receipt from the women. "That's Lizzy but she goes by Lana. There ain't no person 'round here that dislikes her, she's a good girl that one but she's also a streetwalker." I listened entirely interested. "Where did she come from, like does she live around here?" I turned and looked at her, I got a real good look at her. She looked small, like young. She looked awful tired too, a streetwalker?
"The streets are her home, bikers give'r a place to stay sometimes. It ain't dangerous, nobody would hurt 'er, like I says before, she gets along with everybody. Other 'an that, she's homeless. Poor girl." I stuffed my receipt in my pocket and set out to my car. Music is all I've been focusing on lately so I don't spend too much time with the ladies but I've never met a homeless girl and she really doesn't look homeless. More like tired as hell. I stood there holding the gas pump as I filled my tank when I realized that I should probably give her a ride to....to....she's homeless. She walked out if the store right when I finished filling the tank. She had a pack of cigarettes in her left hand and her half empty cherry cola bottle in her right hand. I watched as she put her bottle down to light her first cigarette from the box, pulling a lighter from her pocket. She looks like she could do a million things wrong and still look this innocent and calm. I hooked the gas pump back up and duck myself into the drivers seat. Its really late, 11:47 p.m. she shouldn't be out here that late.
I reversed the car and drove to the entrance I came in through not worrying seeing as nobody was around. Except for Lana. Before I could stop myself.
"Hey do you need a ride?" I asked as she came over to the passenger side and looked at me through the open window.
"I don't have anywhere to be darling." I couldn't help but see the worn out ways of her eyes. "You don't have ANYwhere to go?" I asked. She sleepily looked at me. "Nope, but you can just ride around with me in the car, that'd be fine." She answered and I knew she just wanted to rest.
"Okay then." She bent down and put her cigarette out on the cement ground.
"Let's go." She gave me a weary look as I got out to open the door for her on the passenger side. "A born gentlemen?" She asked cleverly then she slid into the passenger seat. "A conceived one." I winked then closed her door. This would be interesting. She's got a whole other side to her already.

A short chapter ,I know but I'll be updating with longer ones every friday. ❤ It will get interesting soon, I promise.