About You

Johns POV:

An Elvis girl, huh? How is this possible? She doesn't know who I am. "Have you ever heard of The Beatles?" I asked as my heart jolted into a fast pace. "A few songs but Joseph never let m-" She stopped as if she'd said something wrong. Who's Joseph? "Is Joseph your boyfriend?" She slightly winced but regained confidence and sat fully criss cross on the floor as I did the same on the couch. "He was sort of taking care of me for a while and things weren't so great, he had a temper and he was a very violent man but I knew that it was destiny for me to go through these events through life and I flowed with those events." She stopped and stared up at me with a look of mourning. Her faintly colored eyes seemed to have full control over me. "Gosh, I have a million questions for you right now but honestly if you're not comfortable with telling me anything, you don't have to." I needed her trust, she was like a baby that had no direction. I watched as she got up and left down the hall way towards the rooms. I stay confused on the couch until she comes back with the big comforter and blankets drooling over her along with two pillows in her hands, weighing her down. I got up and and met her halfway into the living room taking the blankets and she straightened herself out. "Okay." She lay the comforter in the center of the living room floor, pushing the couch back. What was this girl up to? She took the two blankets from my arms and unrolled one perfectly on top of the comforter then grabbed the two pillows giving space between them when she placed them on the comforter and blanket. Coming back for the last blanket she gave me a quick smile. "Come on." She grabbed my hand and fell into criss cross when we were on top of her homemade bed. I followed her lead and sat in front of her. "I would imagine that you do have many questions and seeing as you have no intentions of anything cruel, you can ask me anything." Her soft puppy eyes lowered as she shifted her body to grab a pillow. I watched her lay it to the left of her and ease her body down. "Well for starters, who is Joseph? How did you meet him?" She looked at me knowingly. "You might want to lay down for this." She gave a little laugh then I grabbed my pillow and laid it to where the top of my head would be touching her side torso.

"He was a drug dealer. I met him when I left home, he promised to take care of me if I stayed with him. Pretty blant isn't it? More specifically, I had been out and about for two months after leaving home and before reaching liverpool, I only had a backpack full of clothes and personal hygiene. It was an accident coming to England. I met a man whom I fell in love with and he said we'd get married when we reached his hometown which is only a town down from liver pool. It didn't work out, with me not wanting to sleep with him everyday and all." I was surprised at this because... She looked too innocent for sex. "So I left that home too. I walked the street a few days, sleepless nights then I had hitchhiked my way here and was left at a gas station. That's where I met Joseph. I was heartbroken, ashamed of myself and felt like a coward then he promised to make me better in time. It was a lie, he took me home and we did have sex because I was tired of walking the streets and I needed somewhere to stay." She looked ashamed and I felt bad."I was just so easy is all but that's where I met by bestfriend, Lisa." I looked tilted up to see her eyes watered up. "Where is she?" I asked softly. "She overdosed a couple of days ago, Josephs guys took her body somewhere." I wasn't really shocked at this because of what I'd seen in the casinos I'd been in but I began to sit up at the outragousness of Lana having to see it Halfway up, the feeling of her hand running through my hair brought me back down to the pillow. "Don't worry, life goes on." She said. 'If that's what you have to tell yourself Lana.' I thought. "What do you want to be?" The question seemed to take her by surprise. "I've dreamt of being a beautiful poet and Lisa always told me that my passion was in singing and song writing so somewhere along those lines." Then it snapped. "You said Joseph didn't let you listen to The Beatles." It was a hurried question. "Why not?" I was curious, okay? "He said they were just a couple of kids that were singing about unrealistic thing. He's 35 so he's more into rougher music." She was speaking with such a soft voice that I didn't care about Joseph bad mouthing me and the boys and I just wondered how she did sound singing. "Can you sing for me?" I loved her reaction. She moved her hand down to my face and caressed it softly in a cupping manner. She started singing. "You smell like a million roses bathed in rock n' roll, ours was the greatest love story every told. Throat like an angel,with a voice that was made of gold.
That's my baby." Her voice was electrifying. "You've got a way like JFK when you do it, the way you see through it, breaks my heart and it drives me crazy" I had to take her to the studio soon but first she needed to get new things, she said she'd only had a backpack full of clothes but I didn't see the backpack anywhere so she must be in need of ...girl things. "Who was that song by?" I asked. "Me. I only got the first verse down and memorized." She stayed laying face up. "Lana, that was amazing." She didn't respond but she continued to run her fingers through my hair. "My real name is Elizabeth Grant, just thought you should know that. My stage name is Lana Del Rey, It's the real me." I didn't respond only continued thinking. I needed to follow through with this Gambling Proposition without falling in love but she was making it hard. I won't fall in love. I won't fall in love. Fucking hell John, what did you get yourself into!