Like Child Play

John P.O.V

She slept curled up, I guess I went full out on my questions. It was 2 in the after noon already, which meant we'd been laying here for five hours. She'd only fallen asleep about an hour ago. She had a comfortable feel to her like she was easy to talk to and that was good because on our gambling ventures, she'd need to be interesting enough to distract them.

I had absolutely no where to be today and Lana was in need of a few necessities and I also wanted to introduce her to the boys, so today would be busy. "Lana." I whispered. She stirred but nothing. "Lana, we're leaving so get ready." She opened her eyes but there was something other than tiredness and I was confused. She looked hurt. "I have to go already?" I couldn't help but feel bad at this, like an abandoned child. "No. No, that's not what's happening, I just thought th-" She was rubbing her eyes and trying to bring herself up. "We're going out to get some things you might need and I wanted you to meet a few friends of mine." I said uncertain of her reaction next. "You see, I don't have any money." She looked rather embarrassed. "That's fine, it's in me." I winked, leaving her with a curious grin. "Do you mind if I shower first?" I replied with a nod. I watched as she searched cluelessly for the bathroom, she smiled proudly to herself when she finally found it. Silly girl, isn't she? The boys will love her. Which reminds me, I've gotta call them. 

"You'll love her.. No she's just a friend but Paul, I'm telling you. Her voice is like honey sliding down a glass window...no...no you can't call dibs! I'll be there in about three hours, I'm taking her to get some girl things. Not like that...I'll see ya then mate." I was nervous now. "Sherri, sherri baby, sherri, sherri won't you come out toni-" My singing was interrupted. "Wow Frankie Valli hasn't got a thing on you." My face feels hot and numb and when I turn around Lana is standing in a towel and another towel wrapped around her hair with a slick grin. "I guess he hasn't, huh?" That's all I can say, I know my face is red. "Maybe he does though, you couldn't hit his craziest high notes." She remarks. "Oh I can't?" I laugh as I walk forward with intimidation. "No, you can't!" She squeals as I start running after her. "Take it back." I shout from my side of the couch. "I can't" She giggles. "Because it's true!" She grabs a pillow from the floor and throws it my way, missing. "Sherri, sherri baby!" I sing in my highest voice, jumping over the couch while she hold on to her towel and tries to hide under the pillows. "I give up! I give up!" She laughs as I grab one of her feet. "I bet he hasn't got anything on me anymore." I remark with a know it all attitude as I pull the blanket off of her. "I bet he hasn't." She agrees out of breath. "Get dressed, flimsy." I joke because of how easy I can move her. "That's what I came to ask you about. Can I use one of your shirts?" I forgot she needed to change. "Yeah follow me." I lead the way down the hall.

"How does that one fit?" I yell from the outside of ny closet door with my eyes shut. I hear the door open but keep my eyes shut. "What's the matter, have you never seen a girls body before?" I laugh loud because as a matter of fact, I've had my share of women. "Just go on, does it fit?" I ask. "See for yourself." She says. I open my eyes and it looks like it fits better than the rest of the other shirts she's tried on. "It looks fine." She smiles in reply.

"Finally." I joke when she enters the living room. She's wearing my white t-shirt with her blue jean pants, which I'm guessing came from her bag and her red converse. "You look nice, now let's go." She gives a small "Thanks." and we're off.