Simulation

I have been waiting SO LONG to write this chapter. Weeweewoo.

Suki didn't know what had happened. Was it a dream? No... it felt too real. All the sights, the feelings, the smells, the sounds, it was all there, just how the Decker room had it. She was without form, thought, and her mind was simply wandering. Her blue eyes ached from how dark it was on the floor, and her hair got in them. Being a robot meant she couldn't feel the hair in her eyes, but she was a robot now, was she?

Human. Human. Human. Why was she a human? Of all things? She never thought about wanting to be human, but it felt strange.

"Deckerd...!" She finally screamed to the heavens, bashing a fist into the ground with tears in her eyes.

A grid appeared, and the woman looked up to see that everything was disappearing before her. And before she knew it, she was asleep.

Todou walked into the real Decker room, and addressed the group of police bots that were minding their own business.

"Today is a check up day. With all the previous battles with crooks we need to check up on the systems we didn't pay attention to before."

"But all seems fine?" Chiyoko stated in a questioning matter.

"You can't feel certain systems half the time you know. So it's best that you go have a check up.

Chiyoko huffed and stood up, "Alright." Golden Night scrambled to stack her papers neatly and put them on the side of her desk. Gunmax and Power Joe were already out the door, followed by McCrane and Shadowmaru. Dumpson put his dumbells away as he was using them, and went after the others. Duke stood and looked at who was left, then left himself.

"Golden Night, hurry up." Aleida said softly to the silent bot. Chiyoko just brushed past her and walked down the same trail as the others.

Eventually the gold and black mecha gave up and just threw the papers on the desk and hurried after Aleida, who had already reached the door.

Saejima stepped out from behind the door to Yuuta's desk, and acknowledged the yound officer of his prescence.

"Saejima-san, do they really need a check up?" The boy asked, putting his pencil down.

The Commissioner only grinned at him, "You'll see. I want you to go to the ward with Todou. No questions."

"O.. okay." Yuuta hesitantly got up and followed the other man.

Juuzo just stood there, however, after they left, seemingly studying the room. "What could be, if they really were human...."

Deckerd positioned himself in his stall, glancing at the table that held the body of Su, covered with a dark green sheet. He let off air through his nose and focused his attention on the wires that connected to his head.

They were inducing sleep? Was that necessary?

"Todou-san, do we really need to be shut down for this procedure?" The blue mecha tilted his head a little.

"The main check up is in the head, and knowing you, you've been quite stressed." Todou hit a switch, and almost instantly, Deckerd was lost in his dream world.

He didn't remember how he fell asleep, but he all of a sudden saw light. Nothing but white flooding his mind as he looked around. What was going on? Was he dying? No, he'd feel pain in his heart.

Duke, on the other hand, was the last out of all of them to be sleep induced, and he felt worried. What was this specifically for? Deep down, he knew it wasn't for what Todou claimed. Of course it woukdn't be to herm them, would it? Either way, he allowed himself to sleep, and fell into an almost endless dream of the vast white of nothing.