The Key Is Thrown

Ashley

"Jase, are you sure this is where they are?" I ask him as we near a large warehouse in the center of Volglacia.

"Positive." He said, raising an eyebrow. "Sophia said 'The Warehouse' in the note she left on the fridge!"

"Well, okay." I say, by now my American accent was coming back and my wolfish features were slowly fading. Plus, I could control water, and those creepy 'night fire' powers were wearing off.

Sophia left a note saying that she, Trevor, and the rest of the kings, queens, and rulers of Elementals were gathering in 'The Warehouse' to find out who were allies and which countries would like to remain neutral. We sneak in the back quietly to find this scene in progress:

"Solestia, of course, will remain neutral. Rebekah, with beauty like a goddess, says. "But I and ten of my Sunturions will fight beside you."

"Excellent." Elizabeth, the Queen of Pyrobia, says. "Who else would join us?"

"We will?" I say, raising my hand awkwardly. Sophia's eyes light up with joy when she sees us.

"Ashley! Jason! You're okay!" She drowns me in a big hug.

"And with some news," I say. "The Lunavrians are ready and willing to join the fight, as are the Aquarians." I roll up my sleeve to show them my newly reformed water mark.

The warehouse was dead quiet for a few minutes, and then all hell broke loose.

"Aquarians?"

"Water Elements?"

"This is outrageous!"

"Have you ever heard something so ridiculous in all your-"

"What I'm hearing..." Elizabeth raises her voice above the rabble. "Is that we have more willing soldiers to join the fight against evil, and really, what else matters?"

She smiles at me. "We are very grateful for your help."

I smile back.

(Sophia)

***

Twenty minutes later, a decision has been reached.

"Thank you all for coming." Elizabeth says. "Lunavria, Volglacia, Pyrobia, Tenexria, Errivria, and Aquaria are willing to fight against Cryosia. Solestia and Terracia would like to remain neutral, but will ask for volunteers to help, and Princess Courtney, Prince Nicholas, and Queen Rebekah will also join us. We'll leave at daybreak from Pyrobia, which should give us sufficient time to rally our troops and gather weaponry."

"My father is fighting against Cryosia?" Trevor snarls, spitting out each word like venom.

"Why yes I am, son." Peter materializes behind him. "If anyone's going to rule the world, it's going to be me, not that sorry excuse for a man, Thomas."

He laughs maliciously. "A real murderer should dictate the direction of this country," Peter says, rubbing the black crown of thorns tattoo on his neck. "Not a freak of nature."

With that, he dissipates.

"This is just..." Trevor mutters. "It's his fault we're in this mess in the first place! He gave them the confidence to attack when he handed over the Key!"

"Trevor, I know you're angry right now..." I say. "Just try to channel that anger. Try to direct all that rage toward Thomas. Use it to fight with us against the real evil."

"I know, Sophia, I know..." Trevor says. "You don't have to give me a pep talk. He'll get what's coming to him.... They'll both get what's coming to them..."