Chapter 2: Ladies and Gentlemen

"That took longer than expected..." Conan said as he walked down the street with both Mouri Kogoro and Ran. He wore his blue jacket that matched his jeans and a black shirt underneath, Ran on the other hand wore a black sweater and some black jeans, and Kogoro wore the same blue suit that he always wears to the crime scene.

"What was that Conan-kun?" Ran was able to hear him, even though the streets were flooded with honking cars.

"I said that took longer than expected." He sighed, putting his arms around the back of his head.

"What are you complaining about?" Kogoro yawned as he walked with them. "I'm the one that does all the work." His eyes were somewhat watery.

Yeah, make yourself believe that. Shinichi, Conan's real alter ego, thought to himself.

"So Conan-kun..." Ran got the 13 year old boy's attention. "What are you going to wear?"

"That's a weird question to ask to the freeloader, Ran." Kogoro said as he eyed a nearby young girl.

"Well it's not a weird question unless he has a date tonight," she played elbowed the boy on his side. "So?"

"Well-"

"HE HAS DATE!?" Kogoro exclaimed, cutting Conan's sentence before he can say another word. He was surprised at the news given to him by his daughter. "WITH WHO!?"

"With Ai." Ran happily answered her father.

"Oh, ok." Kogoro quickly went back to look at the young and beautiful girls as they walked back to the agency slash home.

"That's it? 'Oh, ok'?" Ran had expected more than from his expression than something as plain as 'Oh, ok.' Conan just wanted this conversation to end.

"What? Did my reaction not live up to your expectation?" Kogoro continued to look around for girls, trying somewhat to ignore his daughter. "Geez, you and your mother are just alike when it comes to dating."

"Obviously," she rather gave her father a scorned look. Too bad he didn't turn around to see it. "Geez Dad, you're such a buzzkill." She turned to look back at Conan.

"As I was going to say before occhan interrupted me," Conan continued their earlier conversation. "I was going to wing it."

Ran then suddenly stopped in her tracks. She was soon followed by Conan, and then her father, who turned back to look at her. "You... were just going to wing it?" A dark aura surrounded her, making Conan and her father spine tingle.

"Y-yea-"

She hit the wall with her bare fist, cracking the wall, making her father and Conan more frightened than earlier. "Well... she's mostly mad at you, so bye." Kogoro ran away quickly, leaving an adult size dust impression in his place.

Crap. Conan mentally cursed as he saw Ran's father run away. Should have not said that, I'm totally dead. The dark aura he felt suddenly went away, prompting him to turn back slowly to Ran.

"Come on." Ran started to walk in the other direction.

"What?" He was surprised at her response.

"You heard me, come on," she turned to look at Conan. "We're going to the clothing store."

"Why?" Conan felt as if he just answered a rhetoric question.

"I've seen your closet," she smirked. "You really don't have anything good to wear in it."

"What are you talki- on second thought, I'm not going to rebut that argument," he stopped before he got himself deeper than he was in this situation. "Let's go."