Chapter Sixteen

I walk into my room after my little "confrontation" with Nalani and someone is in the room with me. "Kai, what are---" "Not so loud." He said as he came towards me and put his hand over my mouth. He takes his hands from my mouth and sits down on my bed.

"What are you doing here? How did you get up here?" I whispered.

"I needed to see you. And I climbed through the window." Kai said.

"But you saw me two hours ago and I live on the third floor. How was that possible?"

"It just was, but---"

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I've been better." I get a good look at Kai and he's sweating up a storm.

"Are you sure you're okay? You're sweating up a storm."

"I'm fine."

"Let me get you some water."

I got up and walked towards the door, but Kai stops me. "Wait." Kai wraps his arms around my waist and he's giving me a back hug.

"Kai,"

"Don't leave. Stay a while longer."

"But Kai,"

"Please?" He pleaded.

"Fine." What am I going to do? "At least take off your drenched shirt. You'll catch a cold that way." "Do you have another shirt I can wear?" "Yeah. I have free t-shirt that's too large for me." I pull away from Kai and go into my drawer and grab a shirt.

"Here you go. I hope---" I turn to see Kai shirtless. I mean I did say to take his shirt off, but I didn't think he'd do it right away.I turn around so my back is facing towards him and my cheeks are completely flushed.

"Tiana, do you have that shirt?"

"Yeah." I hand Kai the shirt, without facing him.

"Why won't you look at me?" Kai asked me.

"Because you're in the process of changing and it's considered rude to watch someone change, if I'm not mistaken."

"Tiana, it's fine. You can turn around."

"No. Not until you're wearing a shirt."

"Tiana, look at me."

Kai turns me around and I'm facing him. He's wearing the shirt I gave him and he pulls me closer. "I thought you said you had to go home?" I whispered. "I did, but I wanted to see you." "Does Suho know you're here? Or D.O?" "No." Kai answered right away.

"Kai,"

"I wanted to be with you." Kai said as he took my hand.

"But---"

"I don't want to go home. Don't make me leave."

What am I going to do? Kai being here is starting to stress me out. I sit down beside him think about what I'm going to do. Obviously, he isn't going home. I guess he could spend the night, but Nalani is in the apartment too.

"All right, here's what's going to happen. You're going to stay the night---"

"Yay!"

"But, you need to promise me that you WILL NOT run away and not tell anyone like you did. You understand?" I said to him.

"Yes. I understand. Thank you for letting me stay."

"It's no trouble at all." I sigh with relief and checked the time. It was 10:30PM. It wasn't my bed time, but with Kai here I really didn't know what to do.