Chapter Twenty Eight

With finals over and winter break on the horizon I was really excited about going home to see my family, but that I meant I wouldn't be seeing much of Kai and his brothers. As soon as I go home, I'm heading on a boat to the Bahamas for a week and then I work at a book store until I come back. Talk about a boring break. Well, after the vacation.

I was getting ready for Nalani's ceremony since I was a "bridesmaid" for her. It was a cool honor to be apart of the ceremony and it wasn't hectic, since all Nalani told me to do was walk down the aisle and look pretty, without falling. Thankfully, Nalani and I have the same favorite color, so the bridesmaid dress had been a dark purple. It went down to the top of my knees and it wasn't exactly sleeveless, but it showed the top of my back.

The dress had cap sleeves, so it was a good cross between tank top and short sleeve shirt. My hair had been curled and then two braids had been tied back, so it looked like my hair was half up, half down. I looked good, if I did say so myself. I wonder if Kai will think so. I'm sure he will. I haven't seen him since his History final.

He seemed pretty confident about it and we went out and celebrated afterward. Since then, I couldn't see him due to finals and he and his brothers had to prepare for the ceremony. I walked out into the living room and Alice is waiting on the couch on her phone. She's probably texting Luhan. They seemed even closer for a while now. I'm glad she was able to find someone to get her out of her shell.

She was wearing the exact same dress, but her hair was up in a pretty bun. I thought bridesmaids had to look practically identical? This is my first time BEING in a wedding. I guess if Nalani doesn't like it, she could always change it. It's just the three of us, with 12 men, their parents, and I think Nalani's parents. I'm not exactly sure.

I go to Nalani's room and knock on her door. "Come in!" She says.

I walk inside and she's still fixing her make up. She looked gorgeous, but when didn't she? "Hey. How are you doing?" I asked.

"Surprisingly, ok. I don't know why, but I'm really calm. Maybe because I have you and Alice."

"Are you excited?"

"Yeah. I am. I---I love Kris. We were meant to be together. Besides the fact that I'm his mate and all. We just get each other, you know?"

"Yeah. I get it. I'm happy for you. We all are." I said with a smile.

"Soon, it'll be your turn." She smiled.

"One day at a time. Please." I said nervously.

"I know, but the time will come."

"I know."

Nalani did the finishing touches on her make up and then put on her dress. It was beautiful. It had lace straps, which then connected to a low V-neck bodice, which connected to this gorgeous ball gown type skirt. It screamed Nalani. It fit all her curves in the right places and just made her look like a princess.

"How do I look?" She asked me, nervously.

"Like a million dollars. You look gorgeous, Nal."

"You think so? Will Kris think so?" She asked.

"I know so. Speaking of your groom, we cannot keep him waiting. We gotta leave."

"I know. Xiumin just texted me."

"Let's go then." Nalani, Alice, and I head downstairs and got in the limo that was waiting for us to take us to this estate we were having the wedding a staying at for the next couple days. It was about a half and hour drive, which wasn't so bad. We could not wear a shoes during the ride, that way our feet weren't going to kill us during the ceremony.