Chapter Eight

ESME'S POV

"Great, now I owe you twenty bucks." Zayn mumbled after Mrs. Frank handed us our detention slips. "Nah, I was betting that the entire grade would get detention so we both loose." I sighed, folding the slip.

"Yay, I get to keep my money!" He cheered. Obviously he doesn't notice my pissy--

"What's wrong babe?" He asked, hugging me. "Something's wrong with Will because he's actually a nice kid. We use to say hi in the halls and I guess that's over." I answered him.

"Will Montgomery...I thought you would've known." He sounded sad as he released me. I have him a confused stare, urging him to continue. "You should go talk to him. You know, if you're up to be yelled at."

"I think I can handle it. If not, call Fin or Matt." I said quickly before slipping out of the auditorium.

"Will?"

"WILL?"

I heard loud cries coming from a closet and I opened the door unintentionally. I mean, what if there was some killer in the school?

"Go the hell away!" He snapped at me. "Not until you tell me what's wrong." I knelt down to him.

"Gaby...Gaby's dead." He said with his lip quivering.

For some odd reason my heart dropped and shattered in a million pieces.

"Tell me, everything." I demanded, sitting cross legged besides him. If I knew best this was the work of my father. Ever since I was admitted to the hospital his whole take on me changed. For the better? No. He made sure the school didn't mention anything about my accident and that no news reporters would try to talk to me. I mean, it's sweet of him to try and help, bitter sweet actually, but I want my story to be heard. I want kids who were or is in my shoes to know that it always gets better.

"Well, when uh...when word got out that you had died...the whole school turned on Gaby, Haley and Vanessa. Even the teachers would ignore and yell at them...The reason they got expelled so quickly is because every student and every teacher reported them to the department of education...even the principle... After getting expelled Gaby didn't want to go back to any schools...no one in our family could look her in the eye... But my, my dad got her a private tutor and that's how she learned....but she'd was always depressed." And out of the blue he bursted into tears.

"It's okay Will, take your time." I said, rubbing his back. After short moments of crying, he continued.

"Of course by then we all knew you were in a coma, and she couldn't help but blame herself.... She also stopped talking with Haley and Vanessa... And two months after being expelled, she- she- she hung herself." By then we were both crying. Maybe not for the sane reasons.

He was probably devastated about the loss of his sister but the evil thoughts of 'That should've and could've been me' taunted my mind. That was my first attempt but of course failed when Fin caught me.

If only I was awake and well enough to go to Gaby and tell her it was okay. She might've led the way through hell but if only I had that power to save a life.

"Hey, I have an idea." I whispered to the distraught boy who would hate if the whole grade saw him like this. He looked up at me with his pretty hazel eyes, waiting for me to continue. "Let's go to her grave."

After a slight hesitation he nodded in agreement, helping me to my feet. "I'm okay enough to drive." He mumbled, opening the closet door.

Thank Jesus that it was five minutes to lunch or we'd be cutting. Not like I haven't before, ha.