Chapter 7: Are you cold?

After watching the first episode of Orange Is The New Black I'm really into it, my eyes are glued to the screen. I look at Lynn to see if she also likes it and see that she is shivering a little.

"Are you cold? Do you want me to get a blanket?" I ask her

"I'm a little cold but you don't have to get up. It's also a bit lonely on this side of the couch, can I cuddle you to get warmer?" She asks a little shy

"Uhm yeah you can, come over here." I say, opening my arms and gesture for her to come lay against me.

"Thank you. I didn't want you to get up, I like your presence." She says, nestling her head against my chest. She puts her arms around me and pulls me closer into her.

I smile at her and we get back to watching the show. I can't really focus now that she is so close to me. I feel her breath evening out on my chest and see that her eyes are closing. She looks so cute when she's falling asleep. I like how she just fits in my arms, she's a little ball curled up against me. The show isn't interesting anymore, her face is too beautiful to look away. I keep staring at her and feel myself starting to fall asleep but suddenly her phone goes off. I look at her phone and see that her mom is calling so I wake her up. When she picks up I look at the clock and it's already past 11pm.

"I'm sorry mom, we lost track of time. I will leave now and be home in 15minutes." I hear her say, she gets up and grabs her coat.

"I really have to go now, my mom was worried." She says

"Okay, tell her that it was my fault for not waking you up." I say and we go to the door

"I had a really great time, I hope we can do this again soon." She says

"We definitely have to do this again, I'll text you when I'm free." I say and we hug. The hug is comfortable and takes longer than a normal hug. She ends it with a kiss on my cheek but her face stays close to mine. We look into each other eyes, I can see a little sparkle in her eyes and she kisses me. I'm a little surprised but when I'm over the shock I start kissing her back. The kiss is sweet in the beginning but then she licks my lip asking permission to enter my mouth. I gladly give her the permission and open my mouth a little more. The kiss gets very passionate but she stops it.

"I really have to go now or my mom is going to be mad, bye Alexa." She says, pecking my lips and going to her car.

I'm still a little speechless from the kiss so I just wave at her with a very big smile on my face. She rides away and before she is out of sight she waves back. I go back inside thinking about what we just did. I really liked it and I like Lynn a lot but I still think it's not a good idea to start something. I don't want to hurt her, I'm too damaged to be in a relationship right know. Besides she will also probably leave me once she finds out about the leg and sees me for the freak I am. It would break my heart and I don't want that to happen again. Not after what happened with my ex, I broke down really hard. I can't take it if my heart would be broken another time. I would totally break down and never get up, I don't have the strength to do that again.

I get ready for bed, take a sleeping pill and lay down. I fall asleep thinking: if Lynn and I would become something she would leave me because of the leg. It's better if we don't get together. I have to keep my distance because when I'm with her I loose control but I don't really want to and would love to kiss her again.