6

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 6: Bennett Blood

{D.K}

     "It's been a while since I've last seen you Katerina." She was walking backwards, her dirty hands running against the rocks to get away further.

     "I killed you."

     Dakota laughed, standing to slowly follow her as she feebly tried to escape. "Obviously not. But don't worry, I'm not mad." Katherine had her brown eyes trained on the much older vampire, caution clear in them.

     "What do you want with me?"

     "Nothing. Nothing at all. We already have the moonstone, and in less than twelve hours we'll have another vampire doppelgänger."

     Katherine's stance straightened in interest. "You don't like her either?"

      "I can't stand the little nuisance." Dakota spat, crossing her arms over her chest. "She's a troublemaker."

      "So how about when your witch comes back to break the wall, we get out and kill her."

      Dakota's plucked eyebrows furrowed, her expression full of disbelief. "You're so desperate. I'm not helping you kill her. I'm not even going to kill her, at least not yet."

    "Well what about me?"

    "What about you? When I get out of here, you're going to stay in this tomb and spend a decade or two rethinking what you could've done right."

     She pouted, crossing her arms. "I could've ripped your head off."

     A sadistic smile took over Dakota face. "You couldn't get your hands around my neck even in your kinkiest of dreams." From her jean pocket, the pphone buzzed and she was quick to check the message.

From: Witch Bitch

I'm coming now. Is Katherine down?

Dakota glanced back up at the Petrova, her brown eyes shimmering with desperation and selfishness. "We've had a nice talk Katherine. But I can't listen to your lies for another second."

"What do you—"

Before she could finish, Dakota used her enhanced speed and broke her neck.

To: Witch Bitch

The psychopath that started all of our problems has been taken care of.

The soft sound of feet crunching over dirt was sounded before the chocolate skinned girl walked in, an unamused look on her face. "You killed her?"

Peeking back at the unconscious vampire, Dakota shrugged. "Technically, she was already dead."

    For a few minutes the only sound in the tomb was Bonnie's chanting as she recited the spell that she was reading from her grams' grimrore. Soon, Bonnie's nose began bleeding and it was then that Dakota knew she wasn't ready yet.