KFC

I pulled into our old drive way, something I thought I would never do. Taking out my old spare key, I opened the front door. I couldn't see Calum's face, as the couch faced away from me. Apparently Calum didn't hear me because he didn't move from the couch. I slowly started to approach the couch.
"Just eat the almond slice, okay? Come on!" Calum said.
What? Who was he talking to? What was he doing?
"CALUM?" I shouted. Calum jumped out of fear and a bag of almond slices flew from his lap to the ground.
Smh, what a waste of good almonds.
"Mandy? What are you doing here? Amy told me you moved on! I did, too! Meet my daughter, Mia. My girlfriend Maya is at work."
"Calum, I gotta say what's on my mind. Please, listen."
"No, Mandy. Something about us just doesn't seem right anymore. I've got to move on and be who I am. I just don't belong with you, I hope you understand. We might find our place in this world someday. But at least for now, I gotta go my own way."
"But Calum! What about us? What about everything we've been through? You can't tell me you've forgotten!"
"What about trust? Huh?"
"You know I never wanted to hurt you."
"No. Stop, Mandy. Just stop. Maya is the love of my life, not you. She treats me right; you don't."
I burst into tears and sprint out the front door. How could Calum do this to me? I thought we were meant to be.
I got into my car and backed out of the drive way. Talk about déjà vu.
Wait, where am I going?
I maxed my credit card traveling from Taiwan to here, and I don't have a job.
I found the nearest gas station, as I had run out of gas. I paid for it with all the loose change in my car.
I drove around the town, in hopes to find somewhere to eat. I pulled into a KFC. A sign on the window said now hiring. I found the perfect way to make money.
"Hi, I'd like to apply for a job."
"Okay, follow me," the woman at the counter said. I followed her and she took me to her bosses office.
I sat down on the chair.
The boss asked me some questions.
I got the job.
*** ***
It's been about three months since I moved from Taiwan. I finally have my own apartment and a nice job at KFC. Ashton Irwin works here works here with me. He's really nice.
It started off as a regular day. We all hung out in the kitchen, waiting for KFC to open; the small tv had the news on.
"Basketball star Jeremy Hood changes his last name to Lin."
"Hey, everybody! That's my son! I can't believe it!" Everyone thought I was joking, for all I saw were faces laughing at me. But I wasn't. My son, Jeremy, was a "basketball star". How crazy is that?
"You guys, this is our new employee. He's going to be our mascot." Our boss, Glozell, told us. A man stood next to her. He was about six feet tall and he wore a chicken costume. He waved to all of us employees. We waved back.
"Okay, have fun. Don't goof around too much." Glozell left and we all started talking again.
Then the mascot spoke.
"Whyyy?? You're killing my children! Jimmy, is that you! Nooo!!" he said, picking up a piece of deep fried chicken. We all laughed. Maybe this mascot guy wasn't so bad after all.
But then, things took a turn for the worst.
While everyone laughed and had a great time, I noticed something on the mascot's foot.
A sticker.
But not just any old sticker.
A minion sticker.
"NO! RED, I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE UP TO! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!"
"Mandy, please!"
I ran out of the kitchen that instant and into the woman's bathroom. My life was falling apart. I left Taiwan, my son, my husband, and my money all because of Red. And now he comes back? What am I to do?
Red burst through the door with a knife in his hand.
"Mandy! I'm sick of this! You're always trying to get away from me! Can't you see we're meant to be?" he said. "I'll give you two options. Your first option is to come with me and be with me...forever. Your second option..." Red pointed his knife at me, "is this."
"Stop!" Ashton shouted. Red jumped in his shoes, as he was very frightened. The knife fell from his hand and under the sink, although he did not see that for his attention was on Ashton. "Don't you dare hurt her or else," Ashton pulled out a gun. I could see Ashton already had animosity toward Red and he had just met him.
"Listen, Ashton. You don't understand. Mandy loves me, she's just afraid to admit-"
Bang, bang.
A gun fired, but it wasn't Ashton's.
Red and Ashton's lifeless bodies fell to the floor.
"Mandy, I'm back, my love."
It was Richard.