Chapter Two

I am so grateful that Jason agreed to take me shopping yesterday. I found the perfect outfit to wear. I really hope Ean likes it...

Shit. Ean's coming in an hour and a half...I need to start getting ready...I don't want to look bad on the first date. Plus, I want to have extra time to touch up things...it might be more convenient that way.

*****

After an hour of battling my hair with my straightener to make it straight enough to be acceptable and applying just a touch of makeup, I decided that would be enough and went to get dressed in the outfit I had gotten with Jason yesterday.

Speaking of Jason, Jason promised to come over early to see me in my outfit and that all the elements of my makeup and hair matched. I came down the stairs in a pair of high-waisted skinny jeans, my black converse, and my favorite Beatles Tee. Light brown eye shadow was lightly applied to my eyes, which had brought out the bright blue color of them. I wore some black mascara, some faint bronze blush to show off my cheek-bones slightly and peach lipstick to add the final touch. Judging from the reaction I got from Jason, it looked alright, considering all he was doing was staring. Although, just staring could mean I have something on my face- oh God, do I have some food in my teeth or something? That wouldn't be attractive.

"So...?" I said, awaiting a proper response from Jason and I ran my tongue across my teeth checking for leftover breakfast.

"You-" Before Jason could finish, he was cut off by my mother's squeals. Oh, yes, that is my mother for you.

"Oh, sweetheart...you look beautiful." She said, almost in an overly emotional way. Although considering that I have rarely gone on dates (other than with Rick, whom my mother didn't like as much), it was understandable that she was excited.

She suddenly began to examine my brown hair that I had straightened just for the occasion.

"Thanks mom." I said, my cheeks blushing red like a beet.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, and I immediately felt like I might be sick; I was so nervous.

"It's him!" I whispered to them as I ushered the two into the kitchen. "Please don't leave here until you hear the door close..." I said before going up to the door, opening it up after taking a deep breath.

"Hi, Juliet- whoa..." Ean said as he looked at me, slowly beginning to smile. Okay, at least I didn't look like an idiot.

"Hey." I said, taking this time to check him out as well.

He wore a tight black tee, which exposed off his toned torso. He had a dark brown leather jacket over his muscular arms. His long legs were covered by dark blue jeans that had partially covered his grey Nike shoes. His chocolate colored hair was tousled on top of his head gracefully.

I continued to gaze at his body, indiscreetly paying close attention to his face which I realized was turning a little pink.

As soon as I comprehended that he most likely was not cold, as it was a nice autumn day and he had a jacket, I quickly turned my stare away from him and suddenly became bashful.

He was blushing, and you were probably making him uncomfortable... I said, giving myself a mental scolding.

I looked up into his eyes and smiled shyly. His eyes were actually very pretty, like a celadon green color- wow, you really made an effort to be stealthy with checking him out, huh, Juliet?

"You look beautiful." He said smiling at me in an equally sheepish way.

"Thanks, you look great too." I said, my stomach churning in knots at his compliment.