Chapter 13: The Question

~Lucy's POV~

Mrs. Star gave us all a menacing glare as we cleaned up the lab. I physically couldn't look at her without shivering from fear. Her glare might even be scarier than Erza's! After about an hour, we were finally dismissed.

I received a few questioning looks as I left the school, but my black eye was almost gone. I guess the water from the sprinklers reduced its irritation. The chilly September wind hit my body as I stepped outside. My clothes were still pretty wet since the incident.

I shivered as I walked towards Natsu's apartment building. I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to stay warm. I started to pick up the pace as I saw the building. I rushed inside, the heat instantly hitting my face.

"It's pretty cold out there isn't?" Gildarts asked from behind the concierge desk. He had his feet up on the desk, leaning back in his chair nonchalantly.

"W-well i-it doesn't help that I'm all wet." I shivered, my teeth chattering in the process.

"Why are you all wet? You're gonna catch a cold out there." Gildarts stated as he continued to read his newspaper.

"There was an accident in the chemistry lab," I said as I shuffled over towards the elevator. I pressed the button repeativily, hoping this method would speed up the elevator's movements.

"Don't break my elevator kid," Gildarts stated bluntly as he ruffled his paper. I looked back at him with a guilty look in my eyes. His face contained no emotion, it was like a blank page.

"Sorry," I replied timidly, halting my actions. The tension in the room suddenly turned extremely thick and awkward. The noise produced by the elevator made me jump. I quickly stepped inside, the gold walls reflecting off of my body. I pressed Natsu's floor number and waited for the door to close.

"What are you to Natsu?" Guildarts suddenly asked, he was staring directly at me. His scruffy appearance did not calm my nerves. His red hair glistened from the chandelier hanging above him.

"I-,"the sliding of the metal doors cut me off. I tried to open the doors by pressing the specific button, but the elevator had already began to move. I let out a sigh as I moved closer towards my destination. After a minute or so, a ding sounded, signaling that I had made it to floor 18.

I walked over towards 18A's door, and knocked a few times. The sound echoed off of the hollowed wood. I heard Natsu undo the locks and open the door. His face continued to surprise me. He looked so calm, so content. His hair was a mess, his onxy eyes soft, and his jawline so sculpted.

"Hey Lucy," Natsu said as he opened the door for me to enter. I smiled as I saw him, walking through the doorway.

"Did you miss me?" I sarcastically joked as I took off my sneakers.

"Nah, I just missed some other Lucy." Natsu said through a smirk. I laughed as I placed my shoes next to the door. Dirt and water covered their light blue surface, making them look very rustic. I thought it would be a great camera shot for my scrapbook! I ran towards the kitchen and grabbed my camara that was conveniently placed on the island.

"I will always remember this day," I said through a laugh as I captured a shot of the dirty shoes. I tried a few different angels until I found one that fancied my taste.

"How was cleaning the chemistry lab?" He asked as his plopped himself down on the coach in the living room. He stared outside the window where the skyline appeared. Downtown really was beautiful from far away.

"Oh it was so much fun," I replied rolling my eyes. "I swear Mrs. Star was ready to cut all of our throats." Natsu laughed at my comment, bringing happiness to my heart. His laugh was contagious, making me giggle as well.