Ch. 8

my eyes opened to a boy leaning over me, fingers brushing my curls down my side,"good morning sunshine."

i felt embarrassment wash over me, he was seeing me in the morning before i fixed myself, me before i thought out how i was going to get up and what i was going to do when i did get up. let alone the fact that i let him sleep in my bed last night with his arm around me.

i let my legs hang over the bed and finally stood up, immediately drawing the ringing sound to the back of my head. "good morning." walked slowly holding my hand over my head at a vague attempt to make the ringing stop. "do you not feel good? headache?" i nodded my head, coming to the realization that i still had school, "shit, i have school. what time is it?" jamison slid past me and into the hallway, "6:47 a.m." i watched him step into the bathroom, peeking back out moments later "you can come in to, im not doing anything that would scar you." i laughed and walked towards the bathroom. i tried to ignore his presence as i looked at myself in the mirror, curls arranged into a mangled mess as always, followed by my face that again looked normal. i nodded at myself after rearranging some curls and turned to walk out. "no makeup, or anything?" i didn't know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment so i just kept walking down the hall and into my room. before i opened my closet the thought of jamison walking in on me getting dressed crossed my mind, i popped my head back out the door towards the bathroom,"don't come in here, i'm getting dressed." i saw jamisons shadow flash across the bathroom door with a response moments later," don't worry princess, as much as i want to, i'll refrain." i felt color painting itself across my cheeks, shutting the door i turned to my closet searching for my rolling stones t-shirt. after digging through clothes for what seemed like a life time i remembered that jamison had stuffed most of my t shirts in my drawer. i grabbed a pair of light washed, ripped jeans from the floor and wiggled into them as i grabbed my shirt and pulled it over my head. "can i come in now?"

"yeah, the doors unlocked." jamisons figure stepped through the door seconds later, a smirk appearing on his face," now, if you didnt want me to see you getting dressed why would you leave the door unlocked?" his smirk sent shivers down my spine, my gaze fell to the floor,"i-i dont know, lets go we need to go."

we walked downstairs meeting summer at the door. i pulled on my black converse as jamison pulled on his black vans, "wait you're not going to school with me are you? dont you have school?" i looked over at my sister who had yet to acknowledge jamison, "summer are okay? still not talking to me i guess?" summer looked but didn't answer.

"im going to your school for today, we'll just act like im shadowing you to see if i want to move there or not."i nodded just as the bus appeared down the road stopping in front of our driveway in no time.

"ladies first." jamison stepped back holding out his arm towards the bus, i laughed as summer walked past and up the stairs refusing to look at either of us. i followed, "why thank you sir." he bowed and followed me up the stairs and to the back of the bus. i sat in my usual seat reaching in my pocket for my earbuds. "gimme one, i've been longing to hear your music taste." i handed him an earbud and laid my head against the window, i could feel his eyes on me as i scrolled through my i pod searching for a song i thought he'd might like, tear you apart by she wants revenge came into my view and i clicked waiting for the words to sound in my ear. i didn't look at jamisons reaction i was to busy trying to forget about the bus ride so it would be over with faster.

"autumn get up we're at the school. this school is nice." my eyes opened to jamisons hand being held out to me, i grabbed on and stood up, he didn't let go. we walked off the bus and headed towards my locker, i let my book bag slide off my shoulder as jamison pulled open my locker door.

"hey autumn, and.... who are you?" i turned from my locker to see asher standing behind me, a puzzled looked settled on his face. jamison looked back and forth from asher then back at me, moments later jamisons hand was being extended towards asher,"i'm jamison, you may know me as the boy in the halls of the abandoned elementary school." asher still looked confused as to why he was at our school and specifically why he was with me. after they shook hands asher spoke with his eyes only focused on me,"well, i'll leave you two alone, uh, nice to meet you jamison." asher turned and started walking towards the chemistry room occasionally turning to look at me, the puzzled look refused to leave his face.