My Name Is Sky

BANG. "Good Job Sky that's nine in a row under 30 seconds", Maxwell complimented. I got up from my sniping position staring at Sophie from the roof. Still not good enough, I thought to myself, I'm still not strong enough to kill my father. It's been 2 years since I've seen him and I can never get his smirk out of my head. Over this period of time I've gotten stronger and wiser, I don't care about anyone, not even myself, I just need to get my hands around his neck. I lost my mom and my older brother, Alex. They were weak so they died, I won't go down like them I need to be stronger. As a recap, The Scriptures' plans were supposed to commence two years ago a week later but we some how managed to slow them down now word on the street is that they're trying to finish the job in a month. I dusted off my tights and placed my rifle back into its case. "Ight kiddo lunch is at 3 and then we'll pick up some hand to hand combat training with Chris", Maxwell informed. I didn't say anything he just walked away from me then shortly I followed behind. Ever since these two years I've been trained at everything, I just turned 18, it's October, it was around this time that my brother and I had stayed with my so called 'uncle'. If I see anyone I was associated with back then I will kill them on sight, I feel nothing, I don't care about anything I just want to complete my goal and that's all. We entered the house and went into the basement to a secret tunnel that led to an abandoned building. It was like a whole nother house; it was rusty and dirty on the outside but very much alive on the inside. I went into my room to go shower. No one knows our whereabouts or who we are, I've cut my long curly hair into a short bob, I removed my beanie and my curls dropped onto my face.

I grabbed my towel and proceeded walking towards the showers

I grabbed my towel and proceeded walking towards the showers. It was set up like a Japanese bathhouse. I stripped down and began lathering myself, I had a huge scar on my thigh, a scar on my arm, my torso, and a little scar on my back. After washing I threw myself into the steaming bath, I held my breath and plunged into it until my body laid on the ground. Various things came into my mind all rushing at once but I didn't pay any mind to what they were saying, I didn't want to think I just wanted my mind to go blank. Just blank. I slowly opened my eyes then jumped up gasping for air. "Did I startle you mermaid?", Kate joked, "no I just ran out of breath for a moment", I lied. She giggled, "honey you've been in this bathroom for 30 minutes when are you gonna come out and eat something?", she asked concerned. "I was just getting out right now", I replied wiping water from my face. I stood up and grabbed my towel from the shelf wrapping it around me then did Kate come behind me and started drying my hair with another one. "You always seem to forget to get a towel for your hair, you're gonna catch a cold if you keep doing this", she informed. I took over wiping my hair and headed out without thanking her. On my way out I spotted Chris staring at me. I hate him, any chance I get I'm killing him, I closed my room door ignoring him then laid on my bed. I let out a deep breath and clutched my pillow tightly. Alex has been dead for two years, it still feels like a dream but, sadly, I know that I'll never wake up. I put on a blue hoodie and khaki shorts, soon I headed out of the door to the living room. Everyone was sitting round the table laughing and eating, what a sickening environment. I went into the kitchen to receive my plate and ate there instead of with them, Kate's food has always tasted good to me it's the only thing that I enjoy around here plus the training of course. Sophie came into the kitchen to put her dish away, I paid her no mind until she asked if I wanted to start sparing with her, now we were talking. I put my plate away and we walked to a vast open empty space in the building on the second floor. Sophie was blonde with blue eyes and she was taller than me.

Ever since she was little she took martial arts in Japan with her family up until her father died saving her life in a store robbery, he jumped right in front of the bullet

Ever since she was little she took martial arts in Japan with her family up until her father died saving her life in a store robbery, he jumped right in front of the bullet. She lost all connection with her mom, she doesn't even know if she's still alive or not but she doesn't seem to really care. "Okay you ready", she asked and I nodded. We fought for a good 10 minutes and I had already won 2 rounds, she's trying to surpass me but she has a long way to go. She 360 kicked towards me and I swung my opposing knee into her calf muscle and we paused there smirking at each other. "You always smiling when fighting", she giggled, "what can I say? I love to fight", I replied then we resumed. Her legs swung everywhere vigorously and I dodged every move swiftly. I waited for an opening then when I did I caught her leg then tripped her making her flip side ways and fall on her back. She groaned and I giggled then helped her up. "Nice, nice, when's my turn?", Chris entered the room clapping and chuckling. My giggles quickly shifted to my everyday straight face. Sophie gave Chris a high five but I just stuck my hands in my hoodie and walked away, I guess Chris didn't like that because he ran behind me bringing his left elbow inches away from my face, I caught it just in time and rammed my free arm into his chest but he caught it so I kicked High above my head just to make the toe of my shoe smack his forehead but he shoved me forward and I ended up doing a front flip with no hands. I faced him ready to break any bone in his body that I possibly could. He ran towards me and leaped to elbow the top of my head but I 360 kicked in midair and he ended up flipping sideways onto his feet, it wasn't long before he threw punches at every side of my body, I dodged them and tried swinging my left arm at his face but he caught my wrist and tried to knee me in my gut but I elbowed it back down, then did I snaked my arm out of my sleeve he held onto and uppercut him, he leaned back losing his grip on my sleeve. He immediately put me into a choke hold and I ran forwards to a wall with him dragging behind me; I ran alongside the wall and flipped in back of him taking my free sleeve around his neck. He tried pulling my hair but I tripped him onto the ground and had my knee pressing into his back more and more. I was pushing, waiting to hear a satisfying snap but I heard clapping instead. "What a show, Skylar you seem to be getting better and better every minute", Maxwell said then did Sophie tap my shoulder signaling me to get off of Chris. I didn't want to but I did, everyone was in the room anyways.