We Can't Lose

Its been three weeks since the fighting guild, Crimson Thorns, had formed. They recruited everyone and anyone who was willing to fight, handing out fliers desperately in the streets. They were pinned to every wall of every floor. It seemed pitiful, but they had debunked that rumor as fast as it had started.

Boss after boss, they conquered. "We won't stop until we're free," was their motto.

"Prove it." The people to MMO responded.

~Episode 17; We Can't Lose~

•Cai's POV•

"WE'RE LEAVING!" I yelled up at Jetta who was still engrossed in her clothes making. She hadn't left that room for days. I couldn't imagine how tired she was, and I had to restrain myself from breaking the door down when I thought about her pricked, bleeding fingers from sewing.

It's what she wanted, so I did what I could.

I'm dragging her out of there when we get back, though. At least she was eating the plates of food I'd left for her."Kay, Good luck." Her voice was very monotonous and tired.

We left the house, Nikki's hand in mine and Luke trailing behind us, silently. I smirked proudly to myself; we didn't need luck.

*Jetta's POV*

I'm not even sure that anyone cares at this point. In the sewing machine, I'm sure, I've lost myself. The day I came back after the whole Nikki fiasco, I was lectured and given a lot of Cai's undivided attention (which drove Nikki off the walls, might I mention). But that was about three weeks ago.

And I've spent two of those weeks up and working as much as my energy bar could allow me to. Much to my surprise, Cai slipped the good food under the large crevice of my bedroom door to supply my hunger bar. But he didn't love me like I thought he did. He didn't even attempt to drag me out of the room I alienated myself in. My secluded cell forced my tired fingers to push fabric under the foot of the sewing machine.

"Almost done," I whispered in pride as I made the hundredth outfit in my collection. I had accumulated many duplicates of the clothes I crafted so neatly, each stitch bating my love and care.

I had finally found myself a new goal in this game: to open a boutique and sell my fashionable apparel to all in the game of MMO.

I stitched the final seam of the skirt and held up the dress to inspect the final product. With a happy grin, I stood from my chair and made my way to the large painting hanging on the wall next to my bed. I stepped through it and it's secret door to enter the room holding quite a few chests where I stored my materials. Luke hadn't been allowed in the room, sadly for him, but I needed this to stay a secret, I wanted to be taken seriously.

Speaking of Luke...

...he seems to have become...

...distant...

I have come to blame myself, but in reality... I haven't done anything. He doesn't speak, well, think? Yeah. And I feel quite horrible because of it. But he continues to isolate himself... just like me...

But I know my reason.

I'm always alone.

Nikki stole my best friend away from me. Luke probably despises me at this point. And all three of them spend so much time at that other guild...

...and the only person who would be willing to listen is Violet. But I don't want to be a bother. She works so hard that she deserves to sleep rather than listen to my obscure rants.