Chapter 4 - Soundproof

I admire the Park family. Even though Christian is older than Caleb, Mr. and Mrs. Park treats them both equally. Directly after graduation, they gave Caleb his first company to manage. Soon enough, he and his brother were working side by side making the companies productive. They were given equal number of companies at first. Because of the merger, they handed the remaining few companies to Caleb so that Christian will be able to effectively manage LP with Geun Suk. But even so, to their parents, they are equal in responsibilities and value.

“Sam!” Christian shouted from his office. He got up to greet me.

I ran to hug him, “Christian. You’re getting thinner!”

“Am I?” he laughed. “This is all because of Dan,” he said referring to my brother. They’ve been best friends since they were in diapers and were practically inseparable.

“Why?”

“He gave me the latest project to handle while he sits there doing nothing.”

“Is that even fair?” I laughed.

“Of course it is. We decided over basketball. It’s the fairest deal we have ever made.”

We laughed heartedly. Both of them are great sports players. After playing all the sports that there are, they have not decided who is better than the other.

Caleb came out from his office and said to Christian, “Bro, mom is on the phone. She sounds pissed. What did you do?”

Christian laughed before answering, “I didn’t go to latest blind date she set up for me,” he laughed again before adding, “Seriously. Can’t I date on my own account? Tell her I’ll call her.” He went inside his office shaking his head.

As I went inside Caleb’s office, he was still on the phone. I hugged him from the back and he turned to face me before enveloping me in a tight hug.

Kissing the top of my head, he says to his mom on the phone, “Yes ma...Nope. I’m staying at the condo. I need to arrange the appliances...I’m with her right now... Yea yea, she’s the one deciding what wallpaper to use... You’re going again?...Haha. I don’t think Dan will approve of that... Hahahaha. I’ll tell her... Okay ma. Love you. Bye.” He hangs up the phone. “My mom said you have to visit her sometime. She also suggested you take a leave and accompany her and your mom to Paris to shop.”

I laughed, “What did you say?”

“That Daniel won’t approve of it. She said he’s too much like your father.” And we both laughed. True, Dan was too engrossed in the family business like my Dad.

“Hmmm. What should we do now?” he said while kissing my neck, his hands travelling down my buttocks. His lips found their way to mine.

“Cale! We’re at your office,” I said in between kisses.

“It’s soundproof,” while he travels down my neck.

“There’s people outside,”

“I’ll lock the door,” he said while pushing me to walk.

“Your brother is outside!”

“We’ll stay at the other room,” he said, guiding me towards the smaller room in his office. Locking the door behind him, we were soon lost again in our own heated world.

I was lying on top of him as he drew circles on my back.

“Don’t you have work?” I asked.

“I told them not to disturb me unless it’s an emergency,” he said while his hands worked their way to my buttocks.

“Hmmm. Cale, aren’t you even tired?” I chuckled.

“Not when I’m with you. Why, are you?”

“Nope. I’m just worried that you are.” I leaned up and gave him a kiss on the lips. Soon, we were lost in our world.

“I knew this room had other purposes,” he said while still trying to normalize his breathing. The smaller room was equipped with a television and the latest game consoles, a bed and a small refrigerator. It was for nights he has to spend there because of work.

“Hmmm.” I said while caressing his chest.

He took my hand in his and whispered, “I love you.”

I kissed him before answering, “I love you more.” We were still cuddling when a knock on his door brought us back to reality.