Chapter 10 - Apology

At first, when I looked, I thought he was with a guy. But as I went nearer, I faintly saw the small bumps on her chest. Although her hair was cut short, I can perfectly see her feminine features from up close.

I gasped in shock, loud enough to wake Caleb and a few others.

One guy, I think it was Toby, said “Oh shit. Sam,” and tried to cover his topless body before lying back down. The others merely stirred, looked up and went back to sleep.

Caleb slowly opened his eyes. When he saw me by the foot of the bed, he quickly sat up. With a worried face, he asks, “What’s wrong? What happened?” He tried to get up, realizing that a limb was holding him back.

“Aish. Amber!” he exclaimed pushing the limb off. With his force, he managed to push the girl off the bed. She looked up from the floor and sleepily tried to climb back.

Witnessing his violent behavior, I hissed, “Cale!” and went to help the girl go back to bed. She turned to me and muttered, “Are you an angel?” while caressing my face. She smiled sleepily before falling back to the bed, asleep.

Caleb pulled me to him, “Are you okay?”

“Why won’t I be okay?”

“I thought something happened. You looked so shocked I thought they touched you or something,” he whispered while looking at the guys at our feet. I looked around. I can recognize the other people in the room but there were a few whom I have seen for the first time in my life.

“A few of their friends came by and offered help,” he yawned.

“You should sleep,” I said looking up to him, noticing the bags under his eyes.

He pulled me out of the room and into the main house. “I thought your whole team are all boys,” I asked.

“We are,” then after a moment he says, “Oh right. Amber’s a guy. She’s a bit of a tomboy. Don’t call her a girl. She’s Toby’s sister. She’s been helping us with the project.”

“Oh,” I said. It was the only thing I managed to say. I couldn’t believe I was getting jealous over a tomboy. He just turned to me, still holding my hands in his and smiled before opening the door to his room.

He left me to wash up and I was standing by the window when he went out of the bathroom. He went behind me and hugged me. “Well, seeing as you’re not pushing me away, does this mean that I’m forgiven?” he said while nuzzling my neck.

I turned to him and pulled him towards the bed. I jumped in and lied down, pulling him with me. Lying beside him, I said before closing my eyes, “We’ll talk when you’ve had your sleep.”

He pulled me towards him, his arms encircling me, his head on my shoulders. Soon, I heard his faint snores by my neck.

I woke up to hear him saying goodbye to his friends. When I looked up, I saw him hitting Amber on the head when she tried to get closer to me. I faintly hear him hiss, “Mine,” before pushing them out of the room.

I sat up and looked at his clock. It was already 4 in the afternoon. We’ve been sleeping for 3 hours.

He went back and stood at the foot of the bed, “I tried hard to shoo them off quietly, not wanting to wake you up,” he said shyly.

“Come back to bed. You have to sleep,” I said to him motioning to the space beside me.

He climbed back to bed and sat by my foot. He was looking at me as if groping for the words to say. After a while, he asks, “We’re okay now, aren’t we?” with a worried look. “You forgive me, don’t you?” he adds.

I leaned up to kiss him in the lips before saying, “I doubt that you’ve eaten lunch. You want me to get lunch for you?”

He smiled. Knowing that everything was already behind us. He lied back down on the bed pulling me with him. I leaned on his chest, smelling his scent.

“I missed you,” he said, holding me close.

“I was here last Friday,” I said.

“Yea. But you were mad at me. I miss my Sam,” he said and kissed me on the lips.

He leaned back and touched my face, “I love you.”

I leaned towards him and said, “I love you more,” closing the distance between us.

We were fooling around with each other when the door suddenly opened. We separated just in time to see his mom enter the room.

“Sam!” she shrieked. I got up from the bed and hugged her, “I thought you two had broken up! I was ready to disown Caleb,” she laughed before hugging me again.

“Aunt Elena, with what happened, I think I’m supposed to be the one to be disowned,” I chuckled.

“Nonsense. Come. You’re eating dinner here, right?” she said pulling me out of the room.

“Mom! I just got her back. Can’t I have her alone for a few more minutes?!” he whined to his mom, holding my other hand.

“Hmph. Fine,” turning towards me, she said, “If he hurts you again, don’t hesitate to tell me. He’s too much like his father, too friendly towards girls.” She said while shaking her head.

“Mom!”

“Okay okay. I’ll call you when dinner’s ready. Pasta, okay?” she asks me. I nod and she happily exits the room.

“Does she know?” I ask him before sitting on his lap.

“Nope. But she always seem to know,” he says with a confused look in his face. Before I can answer, the door swings open again and in comes his brother.

“Sammie!” he exclaims excitedly.

“Can’t I be alone with her in peace?!” Caleb says frustrated.

“Chill. I only came to borrow your tie. I’m attending a function with Dad,” he says while going to his closet. “Oh here it is,” he said while exiting the room. He turned back towards me and said, “Sam. Remember. Martial arts,” he smirked before closing the door behind him.

I turned back to Caleb and kissed the top of his nose. “Why didn’t you tell me about what really happened?”

“I did,”

“No you didn’t. You left out the part where she thought you were somebody else,”

“Oh. That. I couldn’t understand the name she was saying. I thought she was talking about Rico.” Rico is a guy in our class. He was known around campus to be the weird guy who talks to himself. “If I mentioned that to you, you’d think I was making stories up. Plus, I’m pretty sure Ashley wouldn’t like it if I go around telling people that she likes Rico. I mean, I respect her choice of man but that guy is just weird,” he adds with a weird look.

I laughed and decided not to correct his belief that it was Rico that Ashley likes. At least this way, he won’t say a word. He laughed with me before throwing me back to the bed. He leaned in and gave me a long passionate kiss, the fight already forgotten.