Phil Tells Keely

Ch 2. Phil Tells Keely

PHIL'S POV:

"Keely we have been friends ever since I moved to Pickford. Over the past few years that friendship has changed what I am trying to say is I can't be your friend any more..." my video production class made a huge gasp " ... the reason way I am saying this is because I want you to be your boyfriend. I love you, Keels, and I want you to be my girlfriend." As soon as my video ended, I turned to Keely. She had tears in her eyes and she looked at me and said, "I am sorry, Phil, but I can't be your girlfriend. I just can't," and she ran out of the classroom crying.

KEELY'S POV:

After I watched Phil's video, I ran out of the classroom. I was not prepared for Phil to tell me how he felt that way about me. I can't date him - it's not that I don't want to date him; I really do, but I can't for two reasons. First, he can leave for the future any day, or even worse at night and then he can't even say goodbye to me. Also, I love him too much and to never see him again ... it will just break my heart and I don't want to come up with a whole bunch of lies about why we didn't do a long distance relationship. A long distance relationship is not even an option because we are from two different time periods, and besides, I may be old or even dead when he lands in the future.

I got permission from both my video production teacher and my math teacher to stay in my math class to work on my homework from both today and yesterday.

At lunch I saw my best friend Tia at our usual table. "So Keely, why did you run out like that after Phil's video?"

I knew she was going to ask that. I know everyone is probably going to ask it. "It's complicated."

"How? You both like each other. I know I am not suppose to tell you this, but you two won the 'cutest couple' award in the yearbook."

"I am afraid that it will ruin our friendship." I said the first thing that popped into my head, but I knew she would catch the lie.

"Keels, that is one of the most retarded things I have ever heard from you. I can see you guys staying friends forever. That is another thing you two won, 'most likely to stay friends after high school.'"

As Tia was talking, I was thinking about the chances Phil's dad will fix the time machine. He fixed it like a million times and it just keeps breaking down and so it may never going to get fixed. I made up my mind. I was going to tell Phil how I feel about him.

"Where are you going?" Tia yelled after me.

"To tell Phil!" I yelled back