Bad News

Ch. 4: Bad News

PHIL'S POV:

I ran home as fast as I could. I wanted to tell everyone about me and Keely. I walked into my house. Well I thought it was my house. It was empty. "Mom! Dad! Pim!" I called out. Just then, Pim came in.

"Don't just stand there. Go to your room and start shrinking your stuff."

"Why, what's going on? Where's Mom and Dad?"

"Oh, yeah, you don't know yet. Dad fixed the time machine. WE ARE GOING HOME, BABY!"

NO! NO, THIS CAN NOT BE - SHE LYING! WE CANT LEAVE! NOT AFTER LAST NIGHT! HOW DO I TELL KEELY? NO! BEFORE I TELL HER I NEED TO CALM DOWN AND BREATH ... ok, I am calm.

"MAAAAAAWM!'' I yelled from the top of my lungs.

''What with all the yelling, Phil?" Mom asked.

"What going on? Pim said we are going back to the future, but I know she lying. Please tell me she is. Me and Keely just started dating. We can't leave," I begged.

My mom started to cry. Oh dear, not a good sign.

"Phil, I am terribly sorry, but yes, we are going back to the future. Your father found out that the Wizrd has a return home app. Whenever someone is lost, they push the button and it sends out a signal that can't get broken. Dad talked to Cheif Martin and they will be here Friday night. We need to all be in the time machine at 7:30 P.M.''

''I AM NOT LEAVING! I AM 17 AND IN THE FUTURE I AM CONSIDERED AN ADULT. I LOVE YOU, BUT I LOVE KEELY, TOO! I will find a way to come and visit you guys, but I won't leave.''

''Sorry Phil, but in this century you're a still a minor and you know the law, whatever century you are visiting you follow their laws. I hate to do this, but there is no way out. We need to leave. You don't have to pack; I will pack for you. You need to think of a way to tell Keely.''

''FINE. BUT RIGHT NOW I HATE YOU GUYS.'' I ran out the door like a three-year-old throwing a tantrum. Keely is going to hate me. She was afraid that this would happen, and to make matters worse, we had sex. Ok, I can do this - be a man.

''Hey Phil,'' said Keely.

I nearly jumped 10 feet high. Great, I don't even get to practice what I am going to say. I am going say the first thing that comes to my mind; I am not going to think about.

Ok - breath - first thing that comes to my mind ...

''KEELY MY DAD FOUND AN APP WHERE IT SENDS AN UNBREAKABLE SIGNAL TO THE CHEIF POLICE AND THEY SET UP A TIME TO MAKE IT SO WE CAN RETURN TO THE FUTURE WE LEAVE FRIDAY NIGHT.''

End of Chapter 4. :-)