Back in time.

"Mom?" I yell loudly when i get home. I get no response in return so i assume she is still at work. I go into the kitchen and grab one day old apple slices i cut yesterday. I rush to the cabinet and pull out some peanut butter. I quickly put some spread on my apples and bite down very harshly on the very good heavenly juice that runs down my face.

After finishing my apples I decided to go up to my room and read my new book mom got me yesterday. It was a book I've been wanting for a while. The Outsiders. I've read his book about a hundred times. I remember reading this book for the very first time with my dad. I didn't get it. So what? Who cares about a bunch of sweaty boys who live together and put grease on their body?

But ever since my dad left, it's  kinda been my way to talk to him. He read this book to me everyday. My favorite part of the day. Especially After those terrible first days of middle school. After he got off work, we'd eat dinner with mom and Steven (my younger brother) and then dad , Steven and I would all go into the den and read The Outsiders while mom would go have "alone time" which pretty much meant she would go into her room and watch re-runs of friends.

But i guess the world can't always have the "perfect family"...

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was at school on a Thursday Morning. Freshmen year.  I was in my second class of the day and i was so excited to get home and have a  HUGE meal cooked for mom and dad because it was their 10th Anniversary! I was on the middle presenting my book report and i got called to the front office with all of my stuff.

*FLASHBACK*

"And that's how Scout and Dil-" I said being rudely interrupted by the intercom lady.

"Mrs. Lee, can we get Liva Karns to the front office for check out. Please tell her to hurry, It's an emergency.."

"You can finish tomorrow hun." Mrs. Lee says before I leave the classroom.

"Okay" I say very nervous and unsure of whats going on. I rarely get checked out. The last time I did, It was because Steven was being born and that was a while ago. I grab my things and rush up to the front office and the sight i see is not what I'd ever think I would see.

Mom is sitting there with her head in her hands crying and not even caring that everyone was looking at her.

"Whats going on mom?" I say frantically and see Steven sitting right next to her eating a lolly pop.

"It's your dad.. They found him.. dead. H-He was shot."

I wasn't crying. I wasn't doing anything i should've done. Mom drove us home after telling me that information. I went directly to the den. I went directly to dad's shelves and picked up dad's copy of the outsider and opened it. I went directly to the middle of the book and found something I wouldn't think of seeing. A note. Not just any note..
A Suicide note.. to me.

_______________________________

Hey guys thanks for reading! Make sure you wait for more chapters and recommend to your friends.
:)