Part 16: The Descent

The spotlighted lighting system cast an unnatural shadow over the High Matriarch as she walked down the narrow corridor. The darkness between each beam of light created a skull-like shadow over her face which only began to come close to showing her true age. She was smiling, grinning like a lottery winner. Though money was no issue to her, she had won her prize-they had finally found Sorceress Alexandria after over thirty years of searching.

The narrow corridor opened up into a colossal chamber, a giant silo-esque structure which was connected to the conintental plates and which contained a system which had been drilling down into the depths of the planet for a number of years, drilling under the UnderCity itself into prehistory-the ancient remains that lay beneath-the land where Gods once resided and pure power hung in the air.

Lord Draz stepped into the chamber behind her, followed by a platoon of Utopian Soldiers clad in their attack armour and weilding assault rifles.

"Draz" Rammachandra spoke quietly, not even turning to face him. "Get us down there".

"Yes, My Lady" He replied. Draz stepped towards a consol that was build into a set of railings on the walkway that circles the circumferance of the massive chamber. It reminded Draz of being on the inside of a huge cooling tower, used in the Clandestine Generator power plants-although these weren't lit by floodlights. Tapping the consol, Draz activated an freight style elevator which rose out of the darkness below them. The solidiers followed Draz onto the elevator as the High Matriarch continued to look out into the void.

"Are you joining us, My Lady?" Draz asked, slightly unsure as Rammachandra giggled slightly.

"I'm in the mood for something a little more ostentatious today, Draz" She replied. An unnatural wind bellowed up from the dark and unseen depths of the chamber as the freight elevator started to descent. Above them Draz and the soldiers could see Rammachandra assume the stance of the angels of the old religion, her hands out to her sides with her palms facing upwards.Her blody lifted on the unnatural wind, floating into the middle of the void and descending, faster than the elevator but completely and utterly controlled. As the High Matriarch passed the elevator, Draz cold see that her eyes were closed and she had that look of sexual euphoria on her face as she had in her office hours earlier.

Rammachandra descended past them, descending into the deep and into the crust of the planet-an ancient world which used to cover the surface and held many dark secrets.