Chapter Eleven

Hi, so I'm beginning to get some feedback for this story now and it is such an encouragement to know that you guys are enjoying it. I've been busy lately and I couldn't update for some time but I will try my best to update regularly. 

Enjoy this short little chapter and I'll see you soon. :)

=====

Fast forward three weeks since that afternoon we went out to the playground. Vic has been taking Copeland out every other day to the same playground to stretch their legs. Copeland was walking now and getting stronger by the day, taking a step further with every try. The colour was returning to Vic's complexion and beneath his olive skin was a golden glow that suited him so exquisitely.

The days were getting longer this time of year and when I got home, the sun was just setting. I found Vic sitting cross legged on the bed staring out the single tiny window we had. Copeland was in her crib, absorbed in her own conversation with her teddy bear and didn't even notice when I opened the door.

"I'm home," I announced, tossing my keys onto the kitchen counter. Vic only grunted in acknowledgement. He still didn't budge as I filled up a glass of water to drink. "What're you looking at?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing," he replied, finally getting off the bed and walking over to me. He perched himself on a stool across from me. "How was work today?"

I shrugged. "The usual," I said. "There's always the odd lady trying to use an expired voucher. Someone told me I should cut my hair if I wanted to get an actual job."

Vic pouted. "Oh, you poor thing," he cooed. "I like your hair, I don't want you to get rid of it for a stupid reason like that," he grinned, reaching out to ruffle my hair.

I smiled. "I admit it does need a bit of a trim," I said, running a hand over it thoughtfully.

We don't get to discuss my grooming anymore because Copeland finally noticed that I've returned. In her baby ways, she greeted me and demanded to be let out of her crib. I gathered her up in my arms and she squealed with joy. Speaking of hair, hers has grown out into soft platinum blonde curls that reached the base of her neck. She smells fresh, fruity from her shampoo. Vic must've just bathed her not too long before I came home.

Holding on to Copeland in all her fresh cleanliness made me realise that I was all sweaty and grimy from the day's work and commute. I played with her and talked to her for a while before handing her to Vic so I could go get cleaned up.

It was my turn to put Copeland to sleep that night. I fed her her warm bottle of milk and sang her a soft lullaby. She was reluctant to close her eyes at first, still full of energy and playful spirit. Eventually the warm milk and gentle rocking sent her off to slumber land. I planted a kiss on her forehead and carefully placed her in her crib for the night.

Then the world was only Vic and me.

He was already sitting on the bed. There was a glint in his eye when I met his gaze. I couldn't help but smile. I climbed onto the bed and straddled his legs. I held his face in my hands and he held my waist in his. We had some sort of staring competition, trying to see who could soak in the sight of the other more. Eventually I surrendered because I couldn't hold back anymore. I closed the distance between us and kissed him until I ran out of breath.

"I love coming home to this every night," I told him, trailing kisses from his lips to his cheek and down his neck.

He chuckled and I felt the vibrations on my lips. "I'll admit this is the highlight of my day, too," he said, running his fingers through my hair.

I didn't reply. I pressed in closer, wanting more of him. I ran my hands over every curve on his body. I played with the hem of his shirt, daring to hitch it up slightly to feel the strip of skin on his waist. He shuddered and I pressed a long, hard kiss on the spot under his ear. Wrapping my arms around him, I laid down so both of us were lying on our sides and facing each other.

Breathing heavily, he rested his forehead on mine. We were so close I could feel his eyelashes flutter and his breath tickled me. Placing a hand on my cheek, he kissed my lips long and hard. Then he planted a short one on my nose, and one on my nose. He showered me with kisses until he has had enough. I let him, not moving until he stopped.

I opened my eyes to look at him and I drowned in his eyes. "Good night, Vic," I murmured, now drowsy.

"Good night, Kell," he whispered back. And I drifted off to sleep.

=====

Like and comment if you liked this chapter! It means so much!