Chapter 2 Mario P.O.V

Layla ended up falling asleep on the couch. She was so beautiful when she was sleeping. She was like sleeping beauty, I'll say. I couldn't do anything but just stare at her for a while. I was still pissed about what happened back at her house. Here I was catching feelings for her and seeing that she almost got raped but yet those nasty ass hickey remains on her body. I just wanted to caress her like a baby and make sure that she know that she's protected.

"Fuck man" I shouted as I punch my hand. It was tearing me apart that the whole scene was still running through my head. When I saw her all I could do was see fear in her face.

"M..Mario" I heard her stutter.

"yes, Layla" I said as I rushed over to her to sit by her. I started playing in her hair an held her.

"are you okay" she asked.

When I looked at Layla I saw a scared girl who was losing hope day by day.

"yes I'm okay, why do you ask" I was hoping she didn't see me punch myself.

"Because your crying and I saw you punch yourself. I heard you scream, which woke me up" she said.

I couldn't do nothing but put my head in my lap. I didnt even notice i was crying. I was beyond pissed. It just made me want to kill dude.

I sighed, "yes Layla I'm okay" I lied. I didn't want Layla to be worrying about me.

She didn't say Anything, she just looked at me.

"are you hungry" I asked trying to make the awkward tension die down.

"yea"

"ight then what do you want to eat"

"red lobster"

"ight come on"

Durning the duration of riding in the car it was quiet. I looked at Layla every once in a while and I could just see that she was thinking about something.

"want to talk about it? I promise that your secrets are safe with me and that I'll never hurt you ma. Whatever you tell me I won't tell anyone" I stated honestly.

"I really do Thank you for saving me. He almost took my virginity. I was praying for you to come. You know I screamed out for my mom but she never came to my rescue. I miss my daddy, I wish he was here" she said as tears started flowing down her cheeks.

We had finally arrived at red lobster. We say in the parking lot and talked and I help to cheer her up. She was just to pretty to be crying.

When we walked in we automatically got nasty states from females and nigga, haters.

After about 10 minutes we were seated and ordering our food. We say and talked some more about things to ligten the mood we starting crackin' on each other and having rap battles. We were having so much fun that we didn't even notice our server standing at the table with our food.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that"

"it's okay, the server had said with a smirk. I didn't know why she was smirking but I just brushed it off.

"hey bae, who's this trick" my headache/ex Brianna says while disrupting me and Layla fun.

I don't think it was a good idea to bother Layla because after yesterday fight I wouldn't bother her. Before I could say anything, Layla says something.

"Trick? Are you referring to me?"

Layla asked in a calm voice but I knew that if Brianna didn't leave soon all hell was going to break loose. "and bae" she said looking at me. Looking in her eyes while she was mad was no joke.

"no Layla she's my ex we broke up ^ months ago" I said.

I don't think Layla was hearing me out though. Tonight was going to be a long night I thought to myself.

"yes I'm talking to your high yellow ass and no were not done Mario until I say were done. Since we were at a round about kind of table Layla slid right on around and got in Brianna face.

Oh lord please be with me I said to myself as I attempted to get up.

"tell me what you referred me as one more time Layla said"

"A TRICK . T----"

Brianna couldn't finish her sentence because Layla ended up punch Brianna right in her mouth. As soon Brianna tried to throw a punch and missed Layla yanked her by her weave and started punching and dragging Brianna around the restaurant.

People had their phones off recording.

I had to soon break it up with the help of other customers. "Layla come on fuck that hoe" I said.

"no, no I'm not done yet" she said as she tried to get loose from my grip. She was pretty strong but she wasn't getting out of my grip. I saw our waitress and gave her the money then I hurried up and left.