Chapter 6

© All Rights Reserved 2013

Mason took me out that night to celebrate. I was extremely happy.

I got home late. Like what you actually call late. It was already 2 in the morning when I silently crawled into the house. I slipped off my heels and made it to my room safely. I grabbed my stuff to head into the shower.

Just as I closed my door to my room and turned around, I saw a black shadow.

"Heeey there Blake," I said smiling, showing my full set of teeth. Blake glared at me.

"Why in the hell are you coming in at this time Scarlett?" He whispered yelled. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Mace took me out to this amazing restaurant and we were just having so much fun," I explained.

"I don't care Scarlett!" Blake yelled.

"Sshh! You're going to wake up mom and dad."

"I don't want you hanging out with that Jason guy or whatever," Blake told me. I glared at him.

"It's Mason," I said in a cold tone. "I'm almost eighteen, you can't keep telling me what to do. And besides, Mason is a good guy. He actually treats me like a friend." I turned back around and slammed the door to my room. I'll just take a shower in the morning.

I got up in the morning and took a shower. Blake and Logan were at the table eating breakfast.

"Morning," Logan chirped.

"Good morning," I said with a smile. I grabbed a muffin and went back into my room to get ready for the first day on my new job. I grabbed my sketching pad and sat down on my bed. I took a bite out of my muffin and began to sketch. I heard the doorbell ring and I

got up to go get it. Mason was at the door with a garment bag. I looked at him, slightly confused.

"My sister said you should wear this for your first day," Mason said. I started to shake my head but Mason held up his hand. "She said to take it as a gift for getting the job." I let Mason in and we headed toward my room. As soon as I was in, Mason showed me the outfit. It was definitely my style.

"Get ready." I took the outfit and headed toward the bathroom.

"I don't think I have shoes to go with this," I said as I stepped into my room again. Mason handed me a box. I opened it and saw some very high, but very cute brown boots. I put them on and almost tripped. Mason also handed me a bag.

Inside the bag were two gold necklaces and a gold bracelet. I looked in the mirror and made sure everything was perfect. I had already done my hair in loose curls. My outfit persisted of a light pink skirt, with a white rose semi-long sleeve shirt and brown heeled boots. The gold jewelry added a cute little style to it.

"Ready?" Mason asked.

"Ready." I grabbed my bag and headed towards the kitchen. I grabbed two to-go cups and poured coffee in them. I could feel Logan's and Blake's eyes on me. I prepared the coffee and handed one to Mason. "I'll be back later."

"Where are you going?" I heard Blake ask.

"Mason's taking me out today," I lied.

"Where?" I turned around.

"I don't know. It's a surprise." Blake glared at Mason and Mason smiled back.

"I don trust you," Blake said to Mason.

"Blake!" I glared at him. "Can we not do this now?" Blake glared at both of us one more time before storming out of the kitchen. Logan stood up uncomfortably.