Chapter 15

© All Rights Revered 2014

"You will then go up and give your speech Scarlett and once you do, you will sit with the rest of the class." I nodded listening to everything my principal was telling me. We were rehearsing the graduation ceremony, which wasn't far.

College acceptance letters were coming in and I still had to get mine. I had applied for three scholarships and I should know on graduation day who they would be awarded too.

"Hey." Lips connected on my cheek and arms went around my shoulders. I smiled as I leaned back into Mason's chest. Turning around, I hooked my arms around his neck.

"Are you as hungry as I am?" I asked. Mason nodded.

"Let's go get some burgers and fries. Maybe a slice of pizza too." I laughed.

"Someone's hungry," I said.

"Skipped breakfast."

"Let's go to the cafeteria and see what they have," I said pulling him with me.

"But I want outside food," Mason whined.

"Well I'm sorry, but I forgot to bring my money today so no going out to eat," I said.

"I'll pay, now come on."

"Oh no. You're not paying for anything anymore. Mason, we're eating here." Mason turned and smirked at me.

"We're going for outside food Scarlett." Mason then grabbed me and lifted me over his shoulder.

"Mason put me down!" My cheeks were turning red from embarrassment.

"Nope. Not until you're safe and sound in the car," he replied. He opened his car and managed to still carry me, then sat me down.

Grumbling, Mason pulled out of the parking lot and drove towards a fast food place.

When we got back to school, things passed by really quick and before I knew it, the day had ended.

"Scarlett," my mom said knocking really hard on my door. Before I could answer, she came in and had the biggest grin on her face.

"What is it mom?" I asked sitting up and putting my sketch book aside.

"Look what just came in for you." My mom handed my a big manilla envelope. My heart started beating quickly. "Open it sweetheart!"

So I did. I tore open the envelope and pulled out the letter. My eyes stung with tears. Tears of happiness.

"Ahh! Yes! Yes!" I screamed.

"Oh honey!" My mom cried and hugged me tightly. "I'm so proud of you!"

"I got in mom, I got in!" Tears were rolling down my cheeks and the smile on my face was probably getting bigger by the second.

"Yes you did. Oh honey, after all the hard work you've done, you deserve this," my mom gushed. "Get ready. We're going out to celebrate."

"We can celebrate here," I told her.

"Scar, this deserves a celebration. We're going, now come on." With that said, she turned and left my room.

Once she was out, I dug out my cell and dialed Mason's number.

"Hey Scarley," he said cheerfully.

"Mason!" I exclaimed. "You'll never believe what I just got!"

"Your college acceptance letter?"

"Okay maybe you will," I chuckled.

"You got in, didn't you?"

"Yes!" I yelled. "Mason I am so happy! So amazingly happy!"