Epilogue

© All Rights Reserved 2014

2 years later

"Evan hurry up or we're going to be late!" I yelled across the living room.

"I'm going, I'm going!" Evan ran into the living room, grabbed his keys and my hand, as we quickly rushed out of the apartment.

Evan and I had gotten even closer throughout the past two years. He was like my second older brother. He and Blake even got along like they were brothers. My new life in New York was pretty amazing.

"Sorry Scarlett, I overslept." Evan sped off. The good thing about where we lived is that it was fifteen minutes away from both our schools. Evan would drop me off and then he would leave to his school. Today Evan took his finals and I had my last class of the year. We had completed two years.

"It's okay," I assured him. "Good luck on your finals." I said as I got out of the car.

"Thanks Lottie! Have fun on your last day!" Evan smirked as I glared at him.

"Hey! Only I can call her Lottie," Haley, my best friend said as she walked up to me.

"Only you? If I recall, somebody else created that nickname for her, not you," Evan pointed out.

"Bye Evan." Haley and Evan were those kind of people that had a love-hate relationship.

"So what are we doing tonight?" Haley asked as she looped her arm through mine.

"I don't know what you're doing, but I'm working." Haley pouted.

"Damn, I forgot." Her eyes brightened up all of a sudden. "Have you spoken to Logan?"

"You're kidding, right?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"I just want to make sure you two are okay, you know? You guys were good friends and good...together too," Haley murmured.

"Please stop with that Hales," I groaned. "Logan and I decided that we were better off as friends, especially with him working so far."

"But you two were so cute together!" Haley whined. "I'm pretty sure you miss being with him."

"Sometimes, yes, I do," I admitted. "I miss being with him, but I'm ready to move on with my life. As I'm sure he is."

"He's not."

"Believe me he is," I mumbled.

"How would you know that?" I opened the entrance to our school and walked down the long hallway.

"Blake told me he's been going out on dates with this girl for six months now," I sighed.

"Oh," Haley pouted. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? It's been almost a year since we broke up," I pointed out, smiled slightly.

"So if someone asked you out today, you would say yes?" Haley asked, her eyes shining with mischievousness.

"Depends if I know them or not." I narrowed my eyes at her. "Why? What do you know?"

"Oh nothing." Haley shrugged her shoulders, giving me a small little smile. "Now come on, let's finish our last day of school."

"Uh huh, I know you Haley and I know when you're up to no good too." She just shrugged again and pulled me along with her. I shook my head. She was up to something and I really wanted to know what it was

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Scarlett, you can take your break now," my boss, Dana, told me. "And take an extra thirty minutes since we're really slow tonight."

"Thanks Dana." I finished wiping off my last table before going to hang up my apron. I grabbed my lunch and sat at the corner of the table.

I took a bite out of my sandwich, when I heard my name being called.

"Scarlett sweetie, would you ring up the customer while get some supplies from the back room?" Dana asked.

"Sure." I got up, wiped my hands and rung up the customer.

"Hey Lottie," a deep, smooth voice said. A smile came over my face as I turned around.

"Cade!" I ran over to the other side of the counter before throwing my arms around him. His arms came around my waist, hugging me to him tightly.

"Come sit with me. I'm on break." We both sat down and I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

"I missed you Lottie," Cade murmured. His bright blue eyes were shining.

"I missed you too," I said, my smile growing bigger. "When did you get in? I thought your flight wasn't coming until tomorrow?"

"I caught an early flight, so I just got in," he told me.

"Did you just come from the airport?" I asked.

"Yeah, I did." He nodded. His cheeks were a little red. I didn't know if it was from the cold outside or because he was acting a little nervous around me.

"Why?"

"I missed you and I wanted to see you." He shrugged. "Haley told me you were working tonight. I was going to surprise you, her and Evan but you all seemed to have other things going on."

"Yeah, Evan was busy tonight and Haley told me she was going to a play with Lucy."

"So, I wanted to ask you something Scarlett." Cade cleared his throat and gave me a nervous smile.

"You said my full name, it must be serious," I joked.

"Funny," Cade chuckled.

"You know my answer will be yes to whatever it is you're going to ask me."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Good, cause I was hoping for a yes to this question," Cade huffed nervously.

"Scarlett, can you close up for me? Something went wrong with the babysitter and I have to go get Mark from her place," Dana said as she rushed to get all her things. Mark was Dana's three year old son.

"Sure, no problem Dana." She threw me a thankful smile before she fled out of the little café.

"Lottie?" I turned my attention to Cade. "Meet me in my car when you're done locking up."

"Okay."

I finished cleaning up before grabbing my things and locking up the place. A smile was plastered to my face the whole time.

As I walked to Cade's car, I thought about how different my life has been. It may have been two years but a lot can change in that short amount of time.

I couldn't be any happier than I was now.