Chapter 9

© All Rights Reserved 2014

The one & only. Enjoy.

Mason's POV

My hand collided against the punching bag. Punch after punch. I just kept hitting. Not stopping. Letting everything I needed to get out through each punch.

"Mason!" I heard my sister, Marnie, yell.

I ignored her and focused on the punching bag.

"Mason!" Marnie yelled again.

Ignoring her, I threw a few more punches into the bag. I felt an arm on my shoulder and turned around so quickly, I almost hit whatever touched me. Marnie was on the floor and glaring at me.

"What do you want?" I asked irritably.

"Look I know you're pissed off and all but you need to get whatever this is off your mind and get ready," my sister said.

"Get ready for what?" I asked.

"Mom and dad are coming and they're taking us out for the day," Marnie said excitedly.

I smiled at the thought of spending my weekend with my family. That sounded like something that can really take my mind off of things.

Without saying another word my sister left. I put away my gloves and went to hit the shower.

I hadn't gone to school the whole week. It was my lame attempt to avoid Scarlett, who I hadn't talked to since our shopping trip on Sunday.

I know it was a kind of douche move but I figured we both needed some space and I didn't want people at school talking if I did go and we didn't hang out.

Today was Friday, the night of Scarlett's date with the Spencer guy from work. I didn't like the guy. And I knew it was only because he got to take Scarlett out and I couldn't.

Because it would ruin our friendship.

"Mason! Mom and dad are here!" Marnie yelled.

I skipped down the steps and met my sister by the door. She was dressed up really fancy.

Marnie and I heard the door click open and in walked my mom and dad. My mom and dad looked as good as usual. My mom with her chestnut colored hair and blue eyes like my sister and my dad with black hair and grey eyes.

"Marnie! Mason!" My mom exclaimed giving both my sister and I a hug.

"Hi mom," I said giving her a hug.

"I missed you mom!" Marnie exclaimed.

"What about your old man?" My dad said. Marnie and I gave our dad a hug.

Henry then walked in.

"Mr. and Mrs. Sparks, it's nice to see you two again," he greeted taking their coats.

"Hi Henry," my parents greeted.

"I trust the kids were in good hands?" My mom asked. Henry nodded.

My dad turned and looked at me and my sister, "Are you guys ready to go out?" I nodded.

I went upstairs and grabbed my phone and coat and met my parents downstairs. They were in the kitchen getting water.

"Are we going?" I asked. My parents nodded, grabbing their water bottles and their coats.

When I got outside I stopped.

"We're going in a limo?" My sister asked. My parents nodded and got in the car. I slid in as the driver shut the door and went to start the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked.