Chapter III

Hazel's P.O.V.

The host gave me the microphone and led me to the stage. This is it. Breathe. "Hi, my name is Hazel Shelton and I'm 17 years old. I will be singing A Thousand Years by Christina Perri." I said to the judges and to everyone.

"Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid
To fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

I have died everyday
Waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid
I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for
A thousand more"

I bowed and smiled at everyone. It felt good singing in front of them. Though, I was nervous at first. I was so happy that everyone enjoyed it. They all clapped. It felt so good when people clapped and smiled because of me. The judges told me that I did very good. They also asked me some other stuffs about my life. Then, there it is. They finally said it. The thing that made me cry tears of joy. "You're IN." I knew it. I made it! This is the best day ever!

I went back to the back stage and saw Matthew again. I sat beside him with a very big smile on my face. "I'm in!" I told him while crying tears of joy. "Congratulations!" He congratulated me while smiling back. And then he did something that shocked me. He hugged me. I know it's not a big deal, I mean we just met and I- UGH never mind.

Matthew's P.O.V.

She's in. I'm so happy for her even though we just met an hour ago. There's something in her eyes that made me feel like I'm in a paradise. Her green eyes was so stunning. It's like a rare beautiful rose that is colored with green. Her smile is so angelic. Ugh, what's wrong with you Matthew? It's not like you, y'know. You're acting so different today.

"Matthew. Matthew. Matthew! Hello? The manager's calling you. It's your turn." I didn't know that Hazel was calling me. I stood up and she said "Good Luck" to me. I went to the stage with a smile on my face. Man, what the heck is wrong with me? I saw so many faces of Hazel. Like, what the F*** Matthew! Okay, okay that's enough.

"Hi, my name is Matthew McGarden and I'm 19 years old. I will be singing Enchanted."

"There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired lonely place.

Walls of insincerity,
Shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you

Your eyes whisphered "Have we met?"
Across the room your silhouette
Starts to make its way to me
The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy

And it was enchanting to meet you
All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you

The night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you"

I bowed and everyone clapped including the judges. Then I saw Hazel. Ohh okay, I think she was there the whole time I sang. She looked at me and I smiled at her, she smiled back.

The judges made positive comments. They said they were ENCHANTED to hear my voice. XD And then finally, they said I'm IN! Yeah! I guess it's time to party! Oh wait I'm gonna invite Hazel to go and eat dinner with me.

I walked in front of her and smiled. She congratulated me. We congratulated each other again and laughed. "Hey, Hazel would you mind if you go and eat dinner with me to a restaurant? This day is worth celebrating for. We both made it! So, what's your answer?" I asked her feeling a little bit nervous. It's like I'm asking her out on a date. WTF man? There you are again. Stop okay? Stop.
"Y-yeah. S-s-sure." She stuttered. Wait, was she blushing? I swear I saw her blushing. But nah never mind I should just ask her if we can go now.
"So, let's go?"

"Yeah!"