T h r e e

Selena's POV
I could hear people whispering things about me. Everybody's eyes were on me for some reason, but I didn't care. The world can be such a nasty place, but I'm not letting anyone bring me down. Not everyone is going to like you for who you are, but that's ok. I've learned how to deal with haters.
I won't let them ruin my night, I thought.
I kept walking trying to ignore their annoying voices. They sounded like a bunch of bats creeping on me.

"What are you doing here?" I felt someone poke my shoulder.
I turned around to see the only person that I never wanted to see.
"I was invited" I replied back.
"Well, nobody likes you so you might as well leave" excuse me? Why were people being so rude to me?
"Listen Jayde, I came here to have some fun, so don't bother me, okay?" she was starting to irritate me.
"Who even invited you? I bet they were just doing charity" she said laughing at me with her other perfect friends.
"You better leave now, nobody wants garbage here" she added, smirking at her friends looking for approval.
"Well, you're right. Justin is in fact known as one of the most charitable people in the world" I said smirking.
I actually didn't want to bring Justin into the argument, but she didn't give me any choice.
Right when she heard Justin's name her eyes widened.
She looked at her friends, looked at me one more time with an angry expression on her face and then left, flipping her hair.
Did I really just win the argument with Jayde? I asked myself.

I shook my head and kept walking, trying to forget about her and her bitchy friends.
I felt someone touch my shoulder again.
"Oh my god what the hell do you want Jayd-" my eyes widened. I thought it was still Jayde, so those words came out of my mouth automatically, but I froze when I realized it wasn't her.
"Hey... Did you say Jayde or?" He said.
"No, no I just got confused. Sorry Justin" I said fast as I turned around.
My heart was beating fast and I was still pissed from Jayde calling me garbage, so I felt the need to get away from him.
I was hoping that he wouldn't call my name or stop me but, as always, it didn't go as I hoped: he grabbed my left wrist, causing me to turn around to look at him.
"Wait"
I remained silent.
He looked at me for a few seconds without saying a word, then spoke.
"Would you like to go somewhere with me? I mean, out of here?" He asked. He sounded like he was begging me rather than suggesting.
"Uh..." I looked around me "yeah, sure. Why not" I smiled.

Justin's POV
I took her hand and led her to the exit door, making sure she wouldn't get hit by all those annoying people.
Once out, I saw my car and I told her to get in. She did as told, without asking any questions.

"So, where do you wanna go princess?" I asked smiling.
She smiled back. I loved her smile and I was really enjoying that moment and felt proud of myself for making her smile. I could finally see her genuine glow back on her face.
"I'm hungry" she said shyly.

We drove over to In-N-Out and ordered some food.

After eating I told her I'd take her somewhere she had never been before, but she had to keep her eyes closed during the whole drive.
"Are you kidding me? You know I always have to keep my eyes on the road!" She protested laughing and pouting at the same time.
"Come on Sel, do it for me. Do you trust me?"
"Yeah"
"Then close your eyes"
She did.

It was starting to get hot. As soon as I rolled down the car windows my face was hit by a pleasant feeling. The air was neither too hot nor too cold, so I decided to open the convertible top of my car.
"What's happening?"
"Chill it's just my car" I said smiling and reassuring her.

While driving I saw her throwing her back letting the air hit her face. Her lips were slightly open and her eyes still closed. She looked beautiful, which made it hard for me to keep my eyes on the road.

"You can open your eyes now" I said as I parked the car.
"Where are we?" She asked surprised.
"Get out of the car and you'll see"
She got out of the car and so did I.
I immediately looked at her, making sure I would not miss the expression she was going to make. She had an excited and confused look on her face, which made me laugh.
"What?" She asked but I kept laughing.
"Oh my god you're such an idiot" she said smiling while shaking her head.

We were still standing by my car: my door was still opened, she had closed hers and was leaning on it.
"Selena..." I whispered, pointing my finger at the sky.
She looked at me, then she looked up.
Her mouth opened to leave a loud "oh my god".
She looked at me one more time and gave me the biggest smile.
"This is beautiful, Justin. How do you know this place?" She asked anxious to hear my answer.
"I have my ways..." I said smirking.
She rolled her eyes and looked up.

Selena's POV
We were lying on the hood of his car, which I found very uncomfortable. We had been talking and staring at the sky for a while.

"So" he said clearing his voice, "what happened between you and Jayde?"
I remained silent.
"Selena I know that she talked to you. I saw you two standing in front of each other"
"Well, yeah we actually did. But I guess neither of us enjoyed the conversation" I admitted.
"Yeah I figured. I saw the look on her face and well, she didn't look happy at all"
Oh so he noticed the look on her face but not on mine? God, I was so stupid for thinking that he could still give a fuck about me.
"She attacked me" I said defending me "but I tried to keep it cool and be kind. I didn't mean to hurt your girlfriend's feelings"
"Wait what?!" He said turning around to look at me.
I kept staring at the stars.
"Selena who told you that? Jayde's not my... She's not my girlfriend. I mean, she's a good friend of mine, but there could never be anything between us." He sounded very serious.
I could feel his eyes on me, so I turned my head towards him.
I don't know if I had been staring at the stars too much, but his eyes looked better than ever. They were deep and captivating.
I suddenly felt like crying. I missed him so much.

"What did she say to you?" He asked in a serious voice.
"Nothing, don't worry"
"Come on Selena don't let me beg you"
"Alright, well she offended me and wanted me to leave" I said, keeping my eyes on the stars, avoiding his.
"What the fuck? What did she call you?" He said lifting his head up and sitting on the hood.
Was he pissed off?
"I'm gonna talk to her about this as soon as I see her and she's gonna regr-"
"Justin no" I interrupted him "I don't want you to do anything okay? I'm fine, she didn't hurt me" I said reassuring him.
"Yes she did" he said looking down.
I looked at him and saw him getting closer to me.
"I fought her using my words, which is good I guess. I mean what do they say, kill 'em with kindness right?" I said laughing hysterically, trying to distract him from getting closer to my face.

He didn't say anything. I don't think he was actually listening to me.
My silly smile was replaced by a serious expression, as we kept looking into each other's eyes.
Is he going to kiss me?

After a minute, everything went blank. My mind, my whole body couldn't function. His lips were pressed onto mine and I could feel his warm breath on my face.
Kissing him after all that time gave me chills. My whole body was petrified and under his control. I never wanted to pull out. I'd missed his lips more than anything in the world.

Maybe I was right. Maybe he really cared about me and felt the same way as me, maybe he missed me as much as I missed him.

----------------------
Heeey guys! Did y'all like this chapter? It was inspired by Kill Em With Kindness if you didn't notice.
What's going to happen? Are they going to get together for the millionth time or are they going to ignore each other on the next chapter?

Let me know what you think by commenting/voting! Love y'all xx

PS.: thank you for reading my stories I appreciate it xx